1 2
Vigo
Vigo Dork
10/13/11 12:24 a.m.
Can I please get an electric car that's designed by someone that actually enjoys driving?

If you are interested in how they work, it is already enjoyable to drive electric vehicles.

If you are not interested in how things work, then whatever you are driving IS an appliance, a turning appliance, an acceleration appliance, a good noises appliance, etc. A ferrari is an appliance to someone who doesnt know or care how it works.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
10/13/11 7:26 a.m.
ProDarwin wrote:
HappyAndy wrote:
BoostedBrandon wrote: Much more appropriate name for an EV than leaf IMO.
As an EV repair expert, I would certainty hope that any EV built with up to date technology would never have any sparks involved with its operation. It should have brushless AC motors and MOSFET frequency drive/current inverter. But I realize that the average EV driver understands none of this.
It also shouldn't have leaves involved with its operation...
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/13/11 7:37 a.m.

4cf approved - i hart gm again.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/13/11 9:06 a.m.

soooo... GM slapped their badge on a technology that's been transporting two people and two sets of clubs 35 miles on a charge since the 70's...? Way to progress!

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
10/13/11 9:26 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I don't understand why the Chevy Sonic and I guess this car (since there will be a gas version) get so much hate. It doesn't seem all that different from the Fiesta to me.

It's a political thing. That's all. Has nothing to do with the cars.

Joey

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
10/13/11 9:37 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I don't understand why the Chevy Sonic and I guess this car (since there will be a gas version) get so much hate. It doesn't seem all that different from the Fiesta to me.

No logic to it other than an absurd bias against domestic products. Or some nonsensical boycott of the "bail-outs". Ignoring of course, the fact that nearly every manufacturer on the planet has been "bailed" out at some point by their own government(direct cash infusion, closed markets, protectionist legislation to protect the home product, etc,etc,etc) not to mention that almost all other manufacturers enjoy a rabid loyalty for vehicles produced by their own country's companys. Strange and a bit like biting off a nose to spite the face, if you ask me.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
10/13/11 2:30 p.m.
Autolex wrote: soooo... GM slapped their badge on a technology that's been transporting two people and two sets of clubs 35 miles on a charge since the 70's...? Way to progress!

More likely they took technology that was moving pallets on and of trailers in warehouses ten years ago.

Sultan
Sultan Reader
10/13/11 4:24 p.m.

This is shocking news!!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BK3bR0JrgJjKurNqW1lgLoX81eeiSXnKcIuZCheUo6fDQJDVoZxxlIds99HKwCRp