MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/7/18 10:26 p.m.

Probably information already on here but probably going to do the 51r swap on MazdaFace and I'm leaning towards either Braille or optima. Anyone have thoughts on either? I believe the Braille has 425cca. Should be enough right? I don't run any aftermarket stereos or anything like that. Does it make a difference going with an AGM or should I just throw a regular 51r series battery in it?

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist Reader
5/8/18 4:45 p.m.

I'll add my 2 cents from recent experience using a 8 cell lithium/iron Anti gravity battery in my Exocet. 2+ years of use with a lot of sitting between starting or driving and sitting all winter.  I hooked it up this season and it cranked right up even with longer cranking from sitting for 4 months.  weighs 2lbs and can be mounted in any position.  I am very happy and plan to go a little larger for my new fun car.  

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
5/8/18 5:23 p.m.

Looking into this for our  track Miata.... following with interest.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/18 6:00 p.m.

I used an odyssey PC680 in my last DD BMW. Never failed to start as quick as a normal battery. Weighed all of 15.4 pounds

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/18 8:34 p.m.

I'm running a 11 pound Deka AGM motorcycle battery in the Abomination. Off the top of my head it's about 300 cca. It has been flawless for the last year or so. Even firing off a carbed rotary on cold days isn't a problem. 

Will
Will UltraDork
5/8/18 8:48 p.m.

I use a 240cca Battery Tender battery in my Supercoupe, and another in my LS1 Camaro.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/18 8:49 p.m.

PC925 cranks a ls3 all day every day with no issues. PC680 will work great on 4 cylinders. 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
5/8/18 8:56 p.m.

This 3lb battery starts my race car every time and is only $99 MMG Battery

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yyNXIZNDqpP8Pv0DMazr8GHWMYNhrpt4JXFwkCxhORcQ8awFTxapR5hty82MvRfJ