logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/1/14 9:35 a.m.

Ive been shopping fire suppression systems for a ChumpCar. I really like the idea of a system that can be recharged at the track like the Firecharger or ESS set ups.

Any advice? Things you wish you knew before buying your current system? Any reason to go with ESS over Firecharger or vise versa?

logdog
6/1/14 8:40 p.m.

Im looking at This or This

unevolved
unevolved Dork
6/1/14 9:36 p.m.

I've installed a few of the ESS AFFF kits. Super easy to install, no problems that I can remember. I did two nozzles in the bay, one pointed at the driver, and one in the trunk. They never had to be used, so I can't speak to their effectiveness, thankfully, but my experience with them was positive.

logdog
6/2/14 7:30 p.m.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't seen any complaints about the Firecharger system but the ESS one seems more popular

logdog
7/9/14 1:29 p.m.

For what its worth, I ordered the Firecharger system and a refill kit. Should be here this week.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/14 1:50 p.m.

Let us know how the install goes.

Leafy
Leafy Reader
7/9/14 3:20 p.m.

Whats the chance that the fire system is activated and you still have a car to put your recharged fire system back in. Fire systems are not there to put out the car fire. They're there to give the driver precious seconds to get out. So being rechargable at the track really isnt a meaningful selling point.

logdog
7/9/14 4:56 p.m.

In reply to Leafy: If the car burns its a moot point. If there is an accidental discharge due to a clumsy crew member or driver I would rather not have to load the car on the trailer and go home.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
isulILBYdvxufO16bJv4tGqBLJdZkvyl2Y9Yf4VKY6Jz2E7PTe2adwEMmiEQxwIL