flexi
flexi Reader
8/26/19 4:19 p.m.

Trying to follow up on an old thread, circa 2012 on cleaning leather seats.  Only thing I could find on GRM using "site:grm".  (Yes, I spelled out GRM.) 

In that thread, Leatherique and Lexol were mentioned.  Need to remove a stain in black leather caused by sunscreen.  Car is a Subaru Legacy 2005, if it matters.  What works?  Seats are in great shape, save for the whitish stain.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
8/26/19 8:19 p.m.

I got some chemical guys stuff on Amazon recently.  Its a two part cleaner, then conditioner.  The cleaner smells a lot like windex; even so it took off the gunk that had accumulated on the seats and steering wheel in my new-to-me BMW.  The conditioner is a brown cream that soaked in and was not greasy afterwards.  It was a small kit, only a couple of ounces of each, so the investment was small and I actually have some left.  Would buy again.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TDOH516/ref=twister_B06ZZQLGXY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

flexi
flexi Reader
8/26/19 8:36 p.m.

Thanks for the link.  Price seems to  be ok, I'll try it.  How did you apply the cleaner?  Just a rag or wipe?

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
8/26/19 9:21 p.m.

In reply to flexi :

Realize that all leather is painted!!  From a Rolls Royce on down.  So what would you do if you got a spot on paint??  

Try a little rubbing compound!!!

Worst case you remove the paint on the leather and have to touch it up!   Black is the easiest color to touch up. 

Leatherique etc treats the underlying leather. It’s not a stain remover. 

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
8/27/19 5:37 a.m.

In reply to flexi :

Microfiber cloth and a little elbow grease

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DUC0TDzS9ZQprnKihQdFxLoZumHCLjZlukLjvgFyP8i81XF0Lj8AyBnK1Tdarp52