1 2 3 4 ... 7
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/13/18 10:53 p.m.

I have cable this year for the first time in 6 years, so I get to watch it on velocity. Looking forward to it. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/14/18 12:04 a.m.

Qualifying is not the average of two driver's fastest laps. That is how other WEC races work, but Le Mans goes by just fastest lap for each car. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/18 12:09 a.m.
Type Q said:

F.Y.I.  I looked at the MTOD website. Qualifying, practice and supporting races  are listed on the schedule. In car cameras are being streamed. The race itself is not being streamed. Short of internet trickery to appear to be in another part of the world, Velocity has it on complete lock down. 

Seriously? Argh, I just signed up because of Le Mans. And you're right, it's not on the schedule.

Time to cancel that subscription before the free trial runs out.

Edit: which is harder than it needs to be. I signed up through the app on an iPad. I tried to cancel the subscription through the app. It told me to go to Motor Trend on the web. I go to motortrend.com. Nope, I need to go to motortrendondemand.com. I go there and log in. It tells me I need to go to the Apple app store to cancel. Finally, I appear to be free of it.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
6/14/18 8:30 a.m.

This is one of the few events for which I would do pay-per-view (or pay-for-stream). Velocity and whoever owns the broadcast rights for the event is leaving a lot of cash on the table by putting it on such a complete cable-only lock down. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/14/18 11:22 a.m.

Radio LeMans can be a good source of English commentary to go along with whatever stream you may find. Reddit/motorsportsstreams has been my go to place for live stream options (usually F1) and Reddit/motorsportsreplays for after the race streaming or download (usually F1 again).

Adam

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/14/18 11:22 a.m.

I just sent MTOD an email asking about the race stream.  When all of this came out I read in multiple places that the whole WEC season would be streamed through there so I got the yearly sub to MTOD.  If that has changed now I will be pissed.

If it ends up not being shown within MTOD check out the WEC subreddit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/  there will be options.

Keith Tanner
6/14/18 11:53 a.m.
Type Q said:

This is one of the few events for which I would do pay-per-view (or pay-for-stream). Velocity and whoever owns the broadcast rights for the event is leaving a lot of cash on the table by putting it on such a complete cable-only lock down. 

The fact that we used to have pay-per-stream options and do not anymore is the frustrating part.

Aaron_King
6/14/18 11:56 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

download Opera and like magic it works again.

Keith Tanner
6/14/18 12:06 p.m.

Opera is a web browser that I haven't followed for over a decade. Does it have a built in VPN or something?

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/18 12:36 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

I just sent MTOD an email asking about the race stream.  When all of this came out I read in multiple places that the whole WEC season would be streamed through there so I got the yearly sub to MTOD.  If that has changed now I will be pissed.

If it ends up not being shown within MTOD check out the WEC subreddit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/  there will be options.

This is a better subreddit to follow: https://www.reddit.com/r/motorsportsstreams/

Aaron_King
6/14/18 12:38 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

It does.  I thought Opera was dead until a few months ago when I found out about the built in VPN.

Aaron_King
6/14/18 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

I just found that this morning.

Aaron_King
6/14/18 12:45 p.m.

By the way MTOD responded that they will NOT be showing the race so it is on to other avenues and canceling my subscription.

Keith Tanner
6/14/18 1:08 p.m.

Well, it HAD a VPN on mobile devices: https://www.pcmag.com/news/360508/opera-shutting-down-its-vpn-for-ios-android

I'll try my PIA VPN first, crowdsourced VPNs make me itchy. The problem with PIA is that its IPs are too well known and often don't work for bypassing geoblocking.

Looks like PIA Mexico works. ¡muy bien!

Aaron_King
6/15/18 8:57 a.m.

I am leaning toward using the free trial for PS VUE for tomorrow.  It should work on our Roku, if not there is a little used PS3.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
6/15/18 9:53 a.m.
Type Q said:

F.Y.I.  I looked at the MTOD website. Qualifying, practice and supporting races  are listed on the schedule. In car cameras are being streamed. The race itself is not being streamed. Short of internet trickery to appear to be in another part of the world, Velocity has it on complete lock down. 

Crap! There goes my fun.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/15/18 3:13 p.m.
Spoolpigeon said:

Live stream is also available on the Motor Trend app, which is awesome since I don’t have cable. 

Yes, and they have a free 14 day trial! Started mine today. If you have Rocu or a smart tv you can play it on your big screen.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/15/18 6:15 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

Read the posts above...the race is not going to be on MTOD, just practice and qualifying.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
6/15/18 7:02 p.m.

I'll be routin' fer Keating motorsports....only cuz I know him and he's originally from my part of the Lone Star State.....that and

Rizi  competizione has a vested interest...

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/16/18 7:24 a.m.

For anyone interested http://Philo.com has a free 7 day trial and includes the velocity channel. I just signed up and it's super easy. I'm watching it now.

Give them your phone number and they'll text you a code that gets you 48hrs. After that you'll have to provide some billing information for the next five days for free. The basic subscription is 40 cable channels for 16.99 per month. I'm honestly considering it especially if velocity is going to be broadcasting more live racing.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
6/16/18 7:55 a.m.

We had a good laugh about this at our house this morning.  I was teasing my wife about a gardening show she was watching, because, you know, watching plants grow is such compelling television.  In a moment of prophetic brilliance, she said "Really?  You're making fun of my gardening show when it's a virtual 24 Velocity channel marathon around here?"  

Irony, thy name is "24 Hours of Le Mans".  laugh

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/16/18 7:55 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2U9rGoMK4

We'll see how long that lasts, race is about to start!

Adam

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/16/18 8:38 a.m.

They're all being very racey at the beginning of this race. Lots of contact early.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
6/16/18 10:32 a.m.

In reply to adam525i :

I’m trying to figure out this utube feed. Is this time delay recorded?

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/16/18 11:42 a.m.

In reply to rustybugkiller :

Without actually looking at the link, I’m guessing it’s probably live feed with Radio Le Mans commentary.

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ju3sA1WmTM51Iqk2lnSqf6YGElMwTZTlryC9wujW2ScBTdT4598HLfXKfzLQYYTd