1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
6/16/18 12:02 p.m.

The french tv will be broadcasting it free you just need a VPN saying you are in france. Tunnelbear is super easy to use

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
6/16/18 1:42 p.m.

Haven't seen the spotter's guide linked up yet this year... better late than never! cheeky

LM2018 spotter's guides

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/16/18 1:56 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq3Zd-XoXNg&feature=youtu.be

New link for live WEC stream, once again it could disappear anytime.

Adam

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
6/16/18 3:55 p.m.
adam525i said:

Adam

Thanks! Working for me.

adam525i
6/16/18 4:43 p.m.
NOT A TA said:
adam525i said:

Adam

Thanks! Working for me.

Go with this one now, that one is not live anymore - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWH-Qgzqofs&feature=youtu.be

This is where I am finding the streams - https://www.reddit.com/r/motorsportsstreams/comments/8rj0j3/request_24_heures_du_mans_race/

Youtube is ideal as I can cast easily to my TV but the acestreams are less likely to get taken down.

Adam

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/18 9:05 p.m.

Been watching for a while and it would be nice if they actually showed some racing. Getting tired of looking at people and crew members. This coverage kind of sucks on velocity. 

dean1484
6/16/18 9:12 p.m.

I think I can say with some certainty that this coverage on velocity is the worst coverage of this event ever!!!  Two guys talking about everything but the race so you have no clue what is going on. Just pitiful. These announcers should get a clue and just shut up. This is not about them it is about the race.  

dean1484
6/16/18 9:13 p.m.

It is so bad I have moved on to reruns of Dirty Jobs.  

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/16/18 9:15 p.m.

Velocity is just airing the international feed.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/18 9:41 p.m.

So mute it and put on the Radio Le Mans audio :)

It's always amazing to see the speed differential on these cars at 200 mph in the dark. Yikes. 

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
6/16/18 9:52 p.m.
adam525i said:
NOT A TA said:
adam525i said:

Adam

Thanks! Working for me.

Go with this one now, that one is not live anymore - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWH-Qgzqofs&feature=youtu.be

This is where I am finding the streams - https://www.reddit.com/r/motorsportsstreams/comments/8rj0j3/request_24_heures_du_mans_race/

Youtube is ideal as I can cast easily to my TV but the acestreams are less likely to get taken down.

Adam

Soda player will play acestreams to chromecast.

dean1484
6/17/18 3:34 a.m.

Got up early to see the last four hours and the new announcers are much better. 

dean1484
6/17/18 4:23 a.m.

Spoke to soon. Great Porsche ford battle and they keep cutting away to look at people smiling in the pits.  At this point the announcers are pleading with the producers to stop cutting away every 30 seconds. 

Just a piss poor job of broadcasting production. 

adam525i
6/17/18 8:03 a.m.

Well, I guess we'll see Alonso back at Indy to finish this up proper.

Adam

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/17/18 8:23 a.m.
adam525i said:

Well, I guess we'll see Alonso back at Indy to finish this up proper.

Adam

For sure, after hearing his post race interview.  

Keith Tanner
6/17/18 10:20 a.m.

Maybe someone can arrange a race at Indy that has one Indy car and a bunch of Spec Miatas, then Alonso can win it too wink Good job to Toyota for getting to the finish line and not stepping on their crank or anything, but there needs to be an asterisk on that win. It's sad to see the crazy hybid LMP1s fizzle out like this. Watching them just destroy the other traffic was eye-opening. They're such spectacular machines.

Thanks for the link, Adam525i. Much appreciated. 

Reading up on why the #7 was so far behind the #8 - looks like Toyota did step on their crank a little bit. Got away with it because they didn't have any competition, but that could have easily knocked the second car off the podium if there had been any German teams in attendance.

Keith Tanner
6/17/18 10:22 a.m.

Also - the pink pig wins. That's excellent. What a goofy livery. It's always been goofy and it just doesn't go away because it's so goofy that everyone loves it laugh

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia New Reader
6/17/18 10:48 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Also - the pink pig wins. That's excellent. What a goofy livery. It's always been goofy and it just doesn't go away because it's so goofy that everyone loves it laugh

PORSCHE needs to sell Pink Pig T shirts.....

I watched a few minutes of the in-car night racing.......thrilling and scary coming up on slower traffic at top speed.......

Glad Toyota signed up for next year , hopefully there will be some competition for them......

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
6/17/18 11:45 a.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Funny part is that they hated that car. They thought it looked like a pig so it received that livery. The design was by SERA, not Porsche.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
6/17/18 11:51 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Maybe someone can arrange a race at Indy that has one Indy car and a bunch of Spec Miatas, then Alonso can win it too wink Good job to Toyota for getting to the finish line and not stepping on their crank or anything, but there needs to be an asterisk on that win. It's sad to see the crazy hybid LMP1s fizzle out like this. Watching them just destroy the other traffic was eye-opening. They're such spectacular machines.

Thanks for the link, Adam525i. Much appreciated. 

Reading up on why the #7 was so far behind the #8 - looks like Toyota did step on their crank a little bit. Got away with it because they didn't have any competition, but that could have easily knocked the second car off the podium if there had been any German teams in attendance.

Geez Keith,

Since we are diminishing accomplishments in speed, engineering and competition, we should put an asterisk in all that has been written about the Targe Miata. Everyone knows LS swaps are easy and you didn't to be good driver to go fast in it. smiley  

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/17/18 12:03 p.m.

Watched 75% of the race on Velocity with the free 5 day PS VUE trial.  The first time my wife walked through the room she asked why the TV was on mute. I said that the Radio LeMans feed was WAY better that the TV audio, I got a strange look.  

It it was sad to see the IMSA 911’s fall off but cool the Pink pig won.  The LMP1 race was not that great but just about every other class was fun to watch/listen to. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia New Reader
6/17/18 12:06 p.m.
markwemple said:

Funny part is that they hated that car. They thought it looked like a pig so it received that livery. The design was by SERA, not Porsche.

Who is SERA ?  and can they make a Pink Pig photoshop app so we can see what that design looks like on any car :)

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/17/18 12:08 p.m.

It seemed like the pig car got its lead because of good luck one one if the safety cars when the rothmans car and a ford gt got held in pit lane, then they just stayed out of trouble but were not faster than the rest of the top 5 or 6 GTE pro cars. 

I thought the rothman car should've been penalized for crazy driving during the battle with the ford. Doing four or five blocking moves at a time at 180 moh is dangerous. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/17/18 12:10 p.m.

I think I watched it all but about 5 hrs when I fell asleep around 3:30. 

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
6/17/18 12:34 p.m.

SERA is a French firm. They were trying to imp the aero on the 917k for LeMans for the 1971 race. Look up the history of the 917/20. There are a few really good books on the 917. They should have run gulf colors with the pink pig.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PsZJbNhIGPHNXKsBBQeyWbnuXRKpKJEH7v6GoHldEoWD5Vp7LotGoiWkCgCg7TzG