gimpstang New Reader
7/15/11 9:19 a.m.

I recently purchased a 2001 BMW 330 and when I was inspecting the car, I noticed that the seal between the windshield and the cover for the cabin air filter is cracked and broken. I figured that it would be an easy fix but I can't seem to find a replacement part for it. I think one of my problems is that I don't know the "official" term for that flat seal thingy. What is that thing called so I can ask for it at the parts store?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo HalfDork
7/15/11 9:33 a.m.

Shroud possibly?

Edit: reading again, it sounds less like a shroud, but hey, I'm guessing.

Entropyman GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/15/11 9:34 a.m.

I believe the part you are looking for is called the "hood cowl cover". I found one at Bavarian Autosport ( for about $60. I'd post a link but it only goes to the main page.

ppddppdd Reader
7/15/11 9:36 a.m.

FWIW, there's a good parts index online at RealOEM here. Cowl cover is probably what you're looking for, but double check. Either in that trim section or the bodywork section.

Our Preferred Partners