1 2
HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
8/11/16 1:42 p.m.

I vote it starts.

On a related note: I helped my friend bring his Honda Shadow 750 out of multi-year storage a couple weeks ago. He did no prep at all before parking it.

New battery, fresh gas on top of a half tank of old gas, and it fired up on the third try. I was impressed. After he ran the tank of old gas out of it, it ran perfectly.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/11/16 2:06 p.m.

No start and surprisingly no dash lights. As I didn't have a load tester for the battery handy I tried hotshotting it. There's all the dash lights! And oh auto retractable seatbelts, I had forgotten that you were even equipped on this vehicle until you whizzed unnervingly past my head. But still no start.

I noticed that the gas gauge read zero, though I filled it up I don't put syphoning past occurring at 2 of the storage locations. Though it could be the sending unit has died or isn't getting power courtesy of rodents. I'm off to grab a gas can and a few gallons to find out which.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/11/16 3:15 p.m.

I loathe narrow freaking filler necks, even vented after 5+ minutes of gas can holding maybe a half gallon goes in.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/11/16 3:17 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: It will start. Just be careful to not let it die right away, or it may flood and wash the rings and be really hard to restart.

That describes every Mazda I've owned or been around.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ADOd6cSnWoNZf9scyrrBBMmrhbH29wZiqaMIR9W2Rls1tTDzVQUOECXGgAXDde6E