1 2 3 4
Autolex
Autolex Dork
6/24/13 4:48 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote: I quite like these too
I lusted after a Yaris just last week. It was red, lowered, had black mesh alloys with a polished lip and the rear windows were nearly blacked-out with dark tint. It was so tasty I didn't even recognize it at first.
I agree with you and Zomby on this one, but wouldn't it be a hoot with a two liter engine ! Something from the Toyota family must practically fall into place in this thing.

I've always wondered if the 2zz or the 2.4L out of the TC/Camry would fit?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/24/13 5:09 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
SVreX wrote: Here's one you forgot:
It's a 4 door.

You're right. I missed the 2-door rule.

But the R5 Turbo I suggested is 2-door:

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
6/24/13 5:18 p.m.
SVreX wrote: But the R5 Turbo I suggested is 2-door:

You missed another rule, I dont think an engine counts as a backseat.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/24/13 6:26 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
SVreX wrote: But the R5 Turbo I suggested is 2-door:
You missed another rule, I dont think an engine counts as a backseat.

It does if you don't like your passengers.

I nominate the MG Metro Turbo as well but it might be a little to find over here.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/13 6:27 p.m.

Merkur XR4Ti to us... Sierra to the rest of the world

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
6/24/13 6:57 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Jaynen wrote: I think most cars in this thread are over 2200lbs ;p
THAT IS WHY IT FAILS Actually most of the 70s/early 80s cars posted are under 2200lb, many of them under 2000lb. Heck, my GTI was supposedly a hair over 1900lb and it was a porker compared to, say, a Fiesta. I don't care how much power it has, you can't drive a ZX3 back-to-back with one of the sub-megagram cars and say the Focus is more fun to drive.

My dad and I drove a Geo Metro (The later basketball shoe/sharkfin bodystyle) to pick up the Focus. The difference between the two was night and day. I don't care how light the Metro was, it was a penalty box.

Hal
Hal Dork
6/24/13 7:40 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Since I know one could get the Focus sedan with the 2.3l and the manual (my parents got one)- can one find a Focus with that engine? Just about as powerful as the SVT ZTEC, no premium, and IIRC it got good milage for them. Not sure if they were ever made, since it was a major distraction from the SVT.

Yes, they were made and do very well on the track.

They are definitely equal to the SVT on the track.

kanaric
kanaric Reader
6/25/13 1:50 a.m.

v6 hot hachs are cool when they materialize. I don't think there should be a 4 cylinder limit.

Example:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MaNCzyjbLX8ZYE7vndRbWLbQptihGck4ksPUGDSzsGppWP0gbq2upH0obd2eHWQT