AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
10/19/22 1:57 p.m.

I'm not looking for anything like this, but I randomly found this ad on FB and at first pass this seems like a really cool idea. Who wouldn't like a full-on lift at the track? But looking at it closer, it seems like the car would be in kind of an awkward place and you'd be tripping over the trailer fenders while trying to do anything at the rear of the car. Quick Jacks seem like a better solution, but hot dang wouldn't something like this be slick.

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/19/22 2:04 p.m.

Not a fan. Looks sketchy and awkward to wrench on

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/19/22 2:10 p.m.

Man... I fall off of normal open trailers often enough. That would put me in the hospital.

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
10/19/22 2:13 p.m.

I've dreamed of such a thing. Seeing the stackers made we want one where you can actually work on the car.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/19/22 7:27 p.m.

I use my quick jacks on the trailer sometimes. I hate laying on my back or crouching; it's the perfect height for putting wheels on and doing brakes.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/22 8:31 p.m.

Take it to the track and rent out lift time.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/22 9:44 p.m.

My first open trailer had an open deck in the middle. It worked like a low four-post lift, it was pretty easy. Not a great picture, but you get the idea.

I use the QuickJacks at the track basically constantly. I'm in the air between every session because it's just so easy.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/31/22 9:18 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I've used my open trailer like that as an alignment platform.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y87u2MGq9igyQGYIDbocdEJC40qSOiLnJ7HWuHHfYt83j0JCD1TSTTRT2Z63KdPx