1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/16 5:38 p.m.

My daily is a 2007 525xi. When the struts die, I can see this happening. :-)

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
10/23/16 6:12 p.m.

When I hit the lotto im going to built a tribute car

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
10/23/16 6:29 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck:

I think it would take considerably less than a lotto budget to build a long travel A body if you made a lot of the parts yourself.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
10/23/16 8:10 p.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: Sorry if this was already posted (possibly by me) . . [URL=http://s265.photobucket.com/user/derekrichardson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4258_2.jpg.html][/URL]

One of my friends in high school had one if these (ex Minnesota DOT IIRC) and that is exactly what I told him we needed to do with it. Unfortunately, he was the kind if person that destroyed a car about every year... so that didn't last long.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
10/23/16 9:17 p.m.

Theres a little more to this car than long arms.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1103-grabber-oldsmobile-442/

BrokenYugo wrote: In reply to MulletTruck: I think it would take considerably less than a lotto budget to build a long travel A body if you made a lot of the parts yourself.
stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/16 9:56 p.m.

I wanna do something like this to my '86 CRX. I even bought Ikea cutting boards to make mudflaps

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Dork
10/24/16 12:01 p.m.

local guy has a lifted wagon i like... Picture doesn't do it much justice, it's pretty tall. My wagon right now has overload springs and heavy duty springs in the front so it's got a bit of a higher rake than most 245s.

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
10/24/16 8:00 p.m.

My lifted WRX:

A friends, now sold and sadly burned to the ground, 940:

Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
10/24/16 8:12 p.m.

A CRX would be sweet! Love this!

Here is our local lifted car. Just a STI not that uncommon but it does have a wench and a rear tire carrier!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
10/24/16 10:08 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I think Adrian is trying to beat SBF in post whoring!

Wait, what? When have I ever post whored that wasn't on the hotlink thread? Plus I haven't been on the board for a few months, so you must be thinking of someone else.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/24/16 10:18 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/25/16 7:20 a.m.
bastomatic wrote: I just refreshed the suspension and tires on my Volvo 740 like an idiot. Now I want to lift it and put A/T tires on so badly. If loving this is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Following up on last nights conversation. To get a bit of a lift without throwing out the shocks you've just put on could you get some slightly taller springs, say just an inch, then put some taller A/T tires on with a taller side wall to get a full two inch lift?

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
11/4/16 8:27 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

That would work for the rear. But the front you'd still need some way to lengthen the strut tubes.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
11/4/16 10:32 p.m.

In reply to bastomatic:

Spacer between the strut mount and body? I think the Subaru guys do it that way sometimes.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
11/4/16 10:37 p.m.
Coldsnap wrote: local guy has a lifted wagon i like... Picture doesn't do it much justice, it's pretty tall. My wagon right now has overload springs and heavy duty springs in the front so it's got a bit of a higher rake than most 245s.

This looks like a Lada Wagon. I approve.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
11/5/16 11:34 a.m.

In reply to BrokenYugo:

The Volvo guys do it by cutting and welding about 2" into the strut housing. Not sure why.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
11/5/16 1:26 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: In reply to BrokenYugo: The Volvo guys do it by cutting and welding about 2" into the strut housing. Not sure why.

Send us links to see? I might be possible with a spacer above the whole assembly.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
11/5/16 3:05 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Apparently they do it this way because bigger tires don't fit with the lower spring perch location on the stock struts

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/5/16 5:42 p.m.

Mine is an inch or two taller than stock sometimes. And lifted higher other times...

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/5/16 5:47 p.m.
Rufledt wrote: i like the look when its more rally than trophy truck. then make the rest of a car like a rally car. then take it rallying. I guess what i'm saying is i like rally cars it even makes appliances seem cool

That sad part is how many of the "lifted cars" here pretty much just stay on paved roads (except for photo-shoots). There's a local guy here who has a lifted Scion with BFG all-terrains, Hella lights all over it, roof rack with shovel and hi-lift jack on it, snorkel, and other stuff. One time I parked next to it at the local shopping center and took a close look, and there is zero evidence that the car has ever gotten mud on it.

Not to say it isn't pretty cool, but I'm not really sure what the point is if you're not going to off-road it in some manner. That's the reason I sold my lifted/setup XJ, because I didn't have time to wheel it, and things set up like that suck on the road, lol...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/16 6:14 p.m.

Not really lifted, this is how they were built and I just added the rolling stock for about $250. But it was a fun little car. No low range, though.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
11/5/16 9:11 p.m.

Guess I should lift mine. There are 2" lift kits available for it.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/5/16 9:14 p.m.

Why do i look at these threads. Off to CL

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
11/5/16 11:10 p.m.

In reply to Skervey:

Are you sure that's not a WRX? I see the haunches and fender stripe but I thought the XV was 5x100 unless they've also swapped hubs.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
11/6/16 5:13 a.m.

My Outback. 2" lift 28" general grabbers

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bFGNfpgD1OkOEuqW79s8DYUQA1iv6ePi3u7o5v95E1Bm5sjCwPz6repAUiLj1gSI