1 ... 13 14 15 16 17
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/6/22 4:28 p.m.

And... TIME. Back in South Bend safe and sound. 

Tom Suddard
5/6/22 4:52 p.m.

Tonight is bar night, where every single OLOA competitor visits the hotel bar. Tomorrow might be a later start. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/22 5:06 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Ben Schaut is a great driver and he and his dad seemed to like the Golf. Fun connection, he lived in the same college house as my wife (cross country house) when I met her. 

No way!  Ben is a close friend and we race together!

6 degrees and all that.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/22 5:29 p.m.

Oh man, the Tire Rack Skidpad is going to decide 3rd. There are only 20...scoring units....between 3rd and 4th in the results. I'll bet the Tesla crew is really regretting that drag strip cancellation, because I'm not sure a big fat Plaid can stay ahead of a good 911 on the skidpad.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
5/6/22 5:35 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

And that's bogus.  This is an event that has no bearing at all, just a plaque and bragging rights.  You're not racing on Sunday and selling on Monday.  There's basically no media coverage, everyone does it for fun.  I get being competitive cause you want to do the best you can but it seems like people/teams take it to an extreme.  I don't like to hang out with people like that.

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/6/22 5:56 p.m.

Does having all wheel drive give any advantage in the wet/rainy weather on the track? 

txbdan
txbdan GRM+ Memberand None
5/6/22 6:26 p.m.

Hey all, owner of the #66 Cayman here. Yup, we got patched up got back on track today for some mostly ceremonious laps to finish off the road courses. HUGE thanks to Scott Donahue (https://lateentrymotorsports.com) and Karl Wilen (https://www.rennsportkc.com) for getting us back up and running. We're definitely feeling the OLOA magic!

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
5/6/22 8:55 p.m.

any updates on super k and their off? everybody ok? car ok? 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/6/22 10:21 p.m.

In reply to Cheeks :

Car is fine, it was a minor off into the wet grass and they drove back on and continued. But look at their time and imagine how many fewer places they would have lost if they didn't lose 10 sec there. Also look at what Tomo accomplished in the wet at the front of that group. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/22 10:22 p.m.
Cheeks said:

any updates on super k and their off? everybody ok? car ok? 

afaik, drove back from Putnam to South Bend.  Splitter looked a little tweaked, dandelioned...

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/22 10:48 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Here's 1011 words on how wrong and out of place you are:

Tom Suddard
5/7/22 5:12 a.m.

Good morning from the final day of One Lap! We need to be at Tire Rack for the dry skidpad competition in three hours.

Sadly, traveling with Andy has ruined my sleep schedule. I'm awake before the hotel coffee is out. 

mazdeuce - Seth
5/7/22 5:45 a.m.

Fair warning Tom, reentry to proper society after One Lap is a rough process. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/7/22 5:50 a.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to Tom Suddard :

And that's bogus.  This is an event that has no bearing at all, just a plaque and bragging rights.  You're not racing on Sunday and selling on Monday.  There's basically no media coverage, everyone does it for fun.  I get being competitive cause you want to do the best you can but it seems like people/teams take it to an extreme.  I don't like to hang out with people like that.

Then please leave this "useless" event to professional fun lovers like us. We are obviously too much for you. 

I really love when people talk out of their ass about something they know nothing about. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/7/22 6:10 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

The track hangover on this is pretty brutal. 

Tom Suddard
5/7/22 7:08 a.m.

Welcome to Tire Rack! The last event of OLOA starts in an hour or so. 

mazdeuce - Seth
5/7/22 7:12 a.m.

Just got to watch Tom fall out of the McClaren. After a week he still can't figure out how to look cool rolling up in a $300k car. 

Tom Suddard
5/7/22 7:15 a.m.

We're out walking the course now. 

Tom Suddard
5/7/22 7:25 a.m.

The Sundae Cup cars are finally here early enough for a group photo with decent light. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/7/22 7:35 a.m.

Those are some sexy racecars!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/7/22 7:59 a.m.
bobzilla said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

The track hangover on this is pretty brutal. 

Wait until your next casual family car travel.  Try not to take it out on the others why they just don't understand the need to be pulling away from the gas station in as few as 5 minutes. 

Tom Suddard
5/7/22 8:49 a.m.

Just finished the group photo. Now competitors are making final preparations for the skidpad. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/7/22 8:58 a.m.

Hopefully this link will work.  A video taken from the Corolla Team's FB page.  It shows the "group effort thrash" to help the Corolla secure "last place"  

In OLoA there is an award titled "All Remaining Cars".  This is the award to the last place finished who genuinely completed all events.  The Corolla team has had this award firmly in their sights much of the week.  

https://www.facebook.com/100080615724624/videos/572620997383758/

Tom Suddard
5/7/22 9:00 a.m.

SuperK had a surprise this morning: Tire warmers. We'll see if they are enough to win overall. 

Tom Suddard
5/7/22 9:12 a.m.

Goodyear has been using tire warmers all week, and are the only other car with the advantage today. 

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dgkcZMoWZ2DU5qjVtpmNgTb7Eeik0rHr2RyFHFwAGbKIEeuffby7aCXZyrut7vBg