1 2
JThw8
JThw8 Dork
5/29/08 7:06 p.m.

Mine was right around that price but it was all factory options. The clock/tach is about $275 Tint and fabric protector are useless (unless you wanted tint) Did they upgrade with aftermarket speakers or is it the radio 10 system? Radio 10 isnt terrible but not the best either.

Make sure it has air. Even in colder climates all that glass really makes the interior heat up.

The 360 may be available if you were reeeeaaly interested. Having another priority shift around here and might let it go. Any car the wife approves of is a good one ;)

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/29/08 7:56 p.m.

Nah I don't really want the 360. Make that can't really have the 360. Thanks for the AC tip, my wife said no new car without A/C.

Now she has read about a new Honda 5-door hybrid coming out early next year that she's geeked about. We're gonna test drive a Fit, then decide what to do.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
5/29/08 8:39 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: Nah I don't really want the 360. Make that can't really have the 360. Thanks for the AC tip, my wife said no new car without A/C. Now she has read about a new Honda 5-door hybrid coming out early next year that she's geeked about. We're gonna test drive a Fit, then decide what to do.

Cool let us know your feelings after the other test drives too. I drove the yaris and it was a good little car too, the smart...well its just wierd and I like wierd. But there are some other great offerings out and coming soon and it would be good to hear opinions on all of them.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/29/08 8:58 p.m.

We checked out the Yaris tonight too, and walked away unimpressed. The seats were hard and unsupportive, worse than the Smart, and the center gauges are distracting. Actually, if I had to design a car closest to a modern equivalent to the EG Civic hatch, it would be a Yaris. Sitting in them back to back was almost eerie.

So it's not a bad car, but I've been driving this Civic for 6 years now, it's time for a change.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/29/08 9:16 p.m.

Smart

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
5/30/08 7:13 a.m.

Does that lovely photo mean you bought the smart? Silver and black is a nice combo. I have the silver/silver but would have liked the black for contrast.

I had similar feelings about the Yaris but didnt want to taint your opinion. Its not a bad car, the smart just feels less like an economy car when you are in it and driving.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/08 7:26 a.m.

When I talked to Erich last night he did not own a Smart. I will check his driveway tonight.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/30/08 5:14 p.m.

Ha, none yet. That's just the dealership. I was looking at White with Black, but we decided to wait til the end of summer.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/30/08 5:20 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: Nah I don't really want the 360. Make that can't really have the 360. Thanks for the AC tip, my wife said no new car without A/C. Now she has read about a new Honda 5-door hybrid coming out early next year that she's geeked about. We're gonna test drive a Fit, then decide what to do.

Someone here said that this alleged 5-door hybrid Honda is going to be the new Fit hybrid.

I already have my wife all excited about it as well. :grin:

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
5/30/08 5:45 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: The 360 may be available if you were reeeeaaly interested. Having another priority shift around here and might let it go. Any car the wife approves of is a good one ;)

OoooMG... my wife would kill me, but I've wanted one of those 360 vans since I first played with one back in the '80s.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/30/08 7:01 p.m.
gamby wrote: Someone here said that this alleged 5-door hybrid Honda is going to be the new Fit hybrid. I already have my wife all excited about it as well. :grin:

Actually I've heard the next hybrid will be a 5-door "ultra inexpensive" car, and specifically not the Fit. I wish I knew what ultra inexpensive meant, I'd be willing to wait for it perhaps.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
5/30/08 7:05 p.m.
Chris_V wrote: OoooMG... my wife would kill me, but I've wanted one of those 360 vans since I first played with one back in the '80s.

Only 96 miles away ;) If you see my post on the $2008 classifieds board about the mustangs for sale theres a bit more info about the 360 at the bottom

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/30/08 11:51 p.m.
bastomatic wrote:
gamby wrote: Someone here said that this alleged 5-door hybrid Honda is going to be the new Fit hybrid. I already have my wife all excited about it as well. :grin:
Actually I've heard the next hybrid will be a 5-door "ultra inexpensive" car, and specifically not the Fit. I wish I knew what ultra inexpensive meant, I'd be willing to wait for it perhaps.

Blah. I'd REALLY like a hybrid Fit in my garage. :cool:

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
5/31/08 8:43 a.m.

Im really tempted to drive up there and stuff that 360 in the back of my van and drive home. :grin:

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/31/08 11:08 a.m.
bastomatic wrote:

Happened across this on edmunds:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126385

Looks like we might be getting both. :nice:

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FNjuqqkAqB33mPEl9aUhkBX2TLbtUDC96xKtVza6CeCXYhRNtBQFA7W13mRzwJir