1 2
CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
8/23/19 11:59 a.m.
_ said:

Looked at penfed. Their website says only vehicles 5yrs or newer. 

Fawk this. I’ll just save up. 

Not true. Per their site:

Used Auto Loans: Maximum used car loan advance will be determined by PenFed using a NADA value. Financing is available up to NADA average retail value plus tags, title, taxes and extended warranties not to exceed 110%. Some restrictions apply. Call 800-247-5626 for details.

Financing for 61-72 month term is valid for model years 2020 - 2014. Rate depends on term. Other restrictions including vehicle and mileage limitations may apply.

They will loan on anything as long as the loan isn't greater than 110% of NADA. I got a loan for a 2002 4Runner from them like 4 years ago. And an 04 Acura TL in 2016 I believe. Now, they won't go 72 months on stuff that old and the minimum is $5k I believe, but they will definitely write you a loan on an NC if your credit checks out. Once you're approved they actually just mail you a check to take to the dealer...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/23/19 12:23 p.m.

Yeah, like Cobra said... 

• Rates available on all model years up to 60 months.
  • 72-month terms available from 2014 - 2020.
  • Preapproved auto drafts available to qualified buyers.
pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
8/23/19 12:32 p.m.

Lightstream is the way to go.  They deposit the money straight into your bank account.  They don't care what year the car is either.  My brother in law just bought a 2006 4runner and they did a 48 month loan on 10k at 4.2%.

I got a loan last year on a 2007 wrangler and it was 3.9% for 60 months.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
8/23/19 4:22 p.m.
_ said:
Driven5 said:

What is wrong with this these?

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/portland-2006-mazda-mx-5-2dr-conv-gt/6947493466.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/d/bremerton-2006-mazda-miata-mx-5-trade/6955143327.html

The first one is overpriced for the year and mileage. 

The second one is a little far for me to drive, but I would check out if it came down to it. 

They're the same year, within 5k on mileage, and within $250 of each other. 

Your basis for calling the negotiable advertised price as 'overpriced' is based on...??

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
8/23/19 4:36 p.m.

No hostility intended. Just facts and trying to better understand the basis of your expectations...And I was secretly hoping maybe you knew of some secret stash of $5k low-mileage NC's somewhere else in the country. If it's simply a matter of economics holding you back though, that's fine

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
8/23/19 4:38 p.m.

Oh, and perhaps try looking for the actual current price of $6,977 at the top of there listing, and not just the non-updated price in the originally uploaded photo...Or don't.

_
_ HalfDork
8/23/19 5:06 p.m.

The Craigslist “advertised price” is almost never right. Especially with dealers. They post it low to get it i the search results. Then You call and find out they are lying trash. 

And I apologize for the returned hostility. 

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
8/23/19 5:20 p.m.

No worries. For all I know, you may very well be right on that in this instance too though.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/23/19 5:24 p.m.
_ said:

The Craigslist “advertised price” is almost never right. Especially with dealers. They post it low to get it i the search results. Then You call and find out they are lying trash. 

And I apologize for the returned hostility. 

Well that just shows that you didn't call and confirm, before getting defensive. wink

I literally just called, spoke to Curt/Kurt, he said the revised sub-$7k price is correct because it hasn't sold. I told him I was going to have a friend come look at it because I was out-of-state.

This is why you if you look at someone's thread about the turbo Camaro 1LE, I encourage calling and confirming the details with the dealership/lot/seller vs going off "internet hearsay," etc. 

As always, YMMV. laugh

_
_ HalfDork
8/24/19 11:07 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I ain’t got the time to babysit some dealer that can’t get a price tag off their promo pic. Thanks for the call though. I can be patient enough for the right one to come along. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/24/19 3:00 p.m.
_ said:

In reply to z31maniac :

I ain’t got the time to babysit some dealer that can’t get a price tag off their promo pic. Thanks for the call though. I can be patient enough for the right one to come along. 

What do you do that you're so busy a 90 second phone call is too much time when shopping for a vehicle?

It's ok to admit you were spinning yarn 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/19 7:03 p.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
juKjeuSgxLp3Zr44sIUVpVleMcM48aOdpED2Kk2oLoaJ04AqTfT3R6VXCFd94pmB