AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
9/22/21 1:37 a.m.

I have a friend who is looking for a used mazda rotor for an art project. Just the rotor, not a whole engine. Condition isn't important as it will not be going in a car. "It can be rusty, that's fine" were her exact words.

I figured if anyone would have one or two laying around it'd be one of you dorks.  If you've got one let me know and I can get you in touch with her for haggling and whatnot.

Thanks in advance.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/22/21 9:15 a.m.

Huh.  I've got the one from the parts car that ate an apex seal.  I think I might be persuaded to part with it, as it's completely useless as an engine part.  It's pretty heavy.  Gonna cost a bit to ship it....

Edit:  Okay, with a box, let's say 12 pounds.  I'll let it go for the cost of shipping, plus bottle of cheap Scotch.

Just kidding about the Scotch.

Pics to follow!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/22/21 1:02 p.m.

Not particularly rusty, but it's got some carbon on it.  No reason to think it wouldn't clean up nicely. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/22/21 1:41 p.m.

Used Dorito? Isn't that just poop?

tomtomgt356 (Tommy)
tomtomgt356 (Tommy) GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/23/21 6:37 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

You owe me a keyboard.... laugh

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
9/23/21 10:13 p.m.

I linked her to this post, she should be contacting you via pm soon if she hasn't already.

dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/5/21 2:39 p.m.

Hi! This is for my friend! Sorry for the delay, had a hillclimb to go to and break down at.

1988RedT2, Can you PM me with shipping / scotch costs? I can Paypal you or whatever you prefer.

dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/15/21 6:13 p.m.

It's here and it's awesome. Likely going to make it into a clock, pics to follow.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p7aLTh4CiMDrgDZByeNFJxWRphwIJW5zE9ghV5A9rKkrmuot2XtZlSWe9xOM1ATf