1 2 3
pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
7/20/11 3:23 p.m.

I am usually the fast and furious car type, but I am seriously in the mood for something low and slow lately. A lowrider in Pittsburgh would be so awesome.

nderwater
nderwater Dork
7/20/11 3:27 p.m.

...in the summer time. The rest of the year, not so much.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/20/11 3:28 p.m.

So, do you go with a Caprice or break away from the norm?

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/20/11 3:31 p.m.

Go with the classic. 64 Impala. Conversely, a mid 60's caddy would work too. As long as it has the over/under headlights.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/11 3:42 p.m.

Over-under headlights on a Caddy means 1965-65. As an added bonus, they're cheap if you don't want a convertible. Real cheap. Far cheaper than the Impala, which will likely suffer from Lowrider Tax.

I love mine. It's not lowered at all, but these cars were styled to look low.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
7/20/11 4:00 p.m.

No car ever made looks better on the ground than a Riviera

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/20/11 4:07 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote: No car ever made looks better on the ground than a Riviera

Love me some Riviera.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/20/11 4:29 p.m.
Keith wrote: Over-under headlights on a Caddy means 1965-65. As an added bonus, they're cheap if you don't want a convertible. Real cheap. Far cheaper than the Impala, which will likely suffer from Lowrider Tax. I love mine. It's not lowered at all, but these cars were styled to look low.

I have silly visions of one of those with a duramax. I don't really know why.

failboat
failboat Reader
7/20/11 5:11 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I have silly visions of one of those with a duramax. I don't really know why.

Because its awesome?

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
7/20/11 5:22 p.m.
failboat wrote:
mndsm wrote: I have silly visions of one of those with a duramax. I don't really know why.
Because its awesome?

I don't know about that. All that style and class with the soundtrack of a UPS truck. No thanks

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
7/20/11 6:40 p.m.

I want a Caddy lowrider on day.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
7/20/11 9:08 p.m.

I grew up in SoCal in the low rider heyday - early - mid 70's. Back then they used the skinniest wheels they could get and offset them out some. I've seen all kinds of cars turned into low riders. Oddest was a mid-70's Celica. Even had the small chain steering wheel. I had a friend that parents had a 56 Caddy in the garage. Tried talking him into low riding the Caddy and painting it the lime green that came on Super Beetles around that time. Still think that would be awesome.
Worked with a guy around then that had a 65 Impala Low Rider. He called it his theft deterent. He would drop it down on the frame with the tires still on the ground when he parked it.
Appreciate the work and craftsmanship that goes into a nice one but really never desired one. When done right they are cool though.

fasted58
fasted58 HalfDork
7/20/11 9:20 p.m.

low, slow n the hydraulics will let ya step over Pa. potholes

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
7/20/11 9:26 p.m.
failboat wrote:
mndsm wrote: I have silly visions of one of those with a duramax. I don't really know why.
Because its awesome?

I want to build a 76 town car with a 7.3 powerstroke myself

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
7/20/11 9:33 p.m.

A caddy you say?

I have seen them cheap - too bad I already bought an old car to pump cash into.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
7/20/11 9:56 p.m.

In reply to Nitroracer: That burgandy one just did it for me. And I'm not partial to burgandy at all. What model is that? and how cheap is cheap. Just out of curiosity- ditto just buying an old car.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/20/11 9:58 p.m.

I want a late 70's Thunderbird with Opera windows and a 2JZGTE.

Ojala
Ojala Reader
7/20/11 11:18 p.m.
wjones
wjones New Reader
7/20/11 11:31 p.m.

I have always wanted a 750iL in which I could hit the "three wheeled motion"

Vigo
Vigo Dork
7/21/11 12:54 a.m.
I have silly visions of one of those with a duramax. I don't really know why.

Probably because you saw it on the internet. I can think of at least 2.

I want the impala from the Selena movie

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
7/21/11 1:24 a.m.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/21/11 5:48 a.m.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/21/11 5:55 a.m.

How 'bout a little love for the 1st gen El Caminos:

All my low rider friends keep trying to get me to drop mine!

FlightService
FlightService HalfDork
7/21/11 5:57 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
ditchdigger wrote: No car ever made looks better on the ground than a Riviera
Love me some Riviera.

He does show some very strong evidence to support his statement!

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
7/21/11 6:55 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Go with the classic. 64 Impala.

None better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5Q9tYJaHs&feature=related

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
BiWgApVHz93VfrJEfJdPEfbB3j5rlMOHi5SeMU5dPtddBUJBX57KS7o2dd3AWtjT