1 2
Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
9/12/19 9:49 a.m.

Not many AWD cars can handle full torque through the 'secondary' driveline without something breaking. If you put space savers on it and drift it around a parking lot that's one thing, but if you've got enough traction and power you'll probably just break it. 

As far as the MKZ 3.0TT goes... I've already begun the process of leering at their depreciation curve. 

They are fast.

Nugi
Nugi Reader
9/12/19 7:09 p.m.

In reply to _ :

The Awd/Rwd Crx/civic/integra guys use the awd trans from 97-01 crv if d/b/f/h series, or the k-series (element, later crv) stuff if k-swapped (engine turns other way). They use the viscious coupler to the rt4wd wagon or 'pinned' crv/element/crosstour rear diff for full-time, or just hope the tires take up the slack. The stock crv rear diff has a built in differential clutch that must be defeated. The fulltime rwds usually use a swapped diff, but a few seem to run the stock one okay. A heavier car may have more issues, a crx is just 1800lbsish. The first thing to break are the rear cv axles, then rear diff from what I have seen. Not sure about the later e-diff stuff. 

Locate a spare diff and clutch unit in a junkyard, hardwire the stock one, order some autozone lifetime real axles, pull the fronts, and give er a go!

I am building a canbus hacking rig soon, so hmu if you need some sensors emulated.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/12/19 7:28 p.m.
slowbird said:

I don't know the answer, but I endorse this sort of tomfoolery.

My name is Tom- and I definitely endorse this level of foolery. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/19 7:05 a.m.
John Welsh said:

Just so we know...The recent MKZ (fancy Fusion) offers a 3.0L twin turbo V6 and awd that makes 400 hp right off the showroom floor.  

You can not just dangle this out here with out more info. I assume these are new cars?  What years?  

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/13/19 8:06 a.m.
dean1484 said:
John Welsh said:

Just so we know...The recent MKZ (fancy Fusion) offers a 3.0L twin turbo V6 and awd that makes 400 hp right off the showroom floor.  

You can not just dangle this out here with out more info. I assume these are new cars?  What years?  

2017-present. It's the swankier, more powerful version of my Fusion Sport, and I almost bought one instead.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/13/19 8:31 a.m.

Whoo!

$52k to get the TT V6 and AWD before you add anymore options. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
9/13/19 10:36 a.m.

Nice used ones are still 30k+. For that money i'll have to just mod up my turbo awd sedan MS6 and deal with the depressing lack of SYNC freeze-ups in my daily commute.  cheeky Although there is a dollar amount i would pay to have ventilated seats in my fast sedan again and it is not a small number!!!

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/13/19 10:41 a.m.

This thread is doing nothing to curb my want for a Fusion AWD (any wheel drive) Also doesn't help that my dealership has about half a dozen used ones at any given time, or that the Ford store is just across the street. Maybe I'm getting old. I should not be so attracted to a 4 door FWD automatic sedan. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
9/13/19 4:57 p.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
onnpXUDFO09EWzQYK2I7dOYjIAsRpOV35bdGpuPRcER5B44UPU3qYvIzPlNZ1yTL