dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/30/13 8:01 a.m.
From a Friend on Facebook said: Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts. However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car. MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviorist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. The conclusion was that while all the lookout crows could say "Cah", none could say "Truck."
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 8:45 a.m.

I had to call my father and read him that. He spent 10 years living outside of Boston. after getting up from laughing all he could say was " berkeley you ". Thank you for the funny!

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
5/30/13 9:00 a.m.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
5/30/13 9:10 a.m.

Those poor Crows.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
5/30/13 9:27 a.m.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
5/30/13 11:03 a.m.

Love it! We Massachusetts-ians are the butt of so many jokes.

There's a long list of "you know you're in Massachusetts when..." jokes. Good stuff!

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
5/30/13 11:06 a.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: Love it! We Massachusetts-ians are the butt of so many jokes.

I believe the technical term is Mshiny happy person

Edit: Big Brother caught that one, but you know what I'm trying to say

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
5/30/13 5:55 p.m.
moerdogg wrote:
ebonyandivory wrote: Love it! We Massachusetts-ians are the butt of so many jokes.
I believe the technical term is Mshiny happy person Edit: Big Brother caught that one, but you know what I'm trying to say

Yup! Now stay the berk off the Cow Hampshire highways.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JJ1LQUPdkuyOOLDcrh1Nz3k7xnhgAGX5HnrQn5YjQUd5Up7GSgy0FBxNGEUXTZhU