Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/28/19 9:32 p.m.

I need to replace the winter tires on my spare rims for the Sienna. I found some Mastercraft glacier grip II's on Craigslist with minimal miles and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I've used Mastercraft tires in the past, but never winter tires. Also as long as the tires are the same size as the ones on my rims I should be fine correct? 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/29/19 8:47 a.m.

I had some Mastercraft winter tires on a Thunderbird about 10 years ago, they may have been the first-generation glacier grips...they seemed pretty good although to be fair my memory is a bit hazy.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
10/29/19 8:57 a.m.

They will be better than any all-season for winter conditions--by all accounts they are a solid choice for entry-level winter tires.  If you are getting a good deal cost-wise, go for it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/29/19 9:18 a.m.
FSP_ZX2 said:

They will be better than any all-season for winter conditions--by all accounts they are a solid choice for entry-level winter tires.  If you are getting a good deal cost-wise, go for it.

$200 for the set off of Craigslist. I have a spare set of steel wheels that I can have them mounted on. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/19 7:51 a.m.

They can grip glaciers.......

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
11/1/19 6:14 p.m.

Remember to check the date on them. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
11/1/19 8:19 p.m.
NoBrakesRacing said:

Remember to check the date on them. 

Yeah I should have thought of this before buying these. Seller said his father bought them last year and they look brand new. Just looked at the dates 2010. berkeley!! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3Abj3GIvJ6Bg1sOwvyXjXAeycE0XdpIZD811ZIoQUlA0VTtO2aqddr8raetsTvYJ