1 2 3
Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
6/12/18 12:00 p.m.

Inquiring minds want to know.laugh

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
6/12/18 1:01 p.m.

No idea but I'm excited to help out! 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/12/18 1:11 p.m.

It may be finishing up my entry with the way progress is going.....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/12/18 3:26 p.m.

Not it.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/12/18 4:46 p.m.

At the end of last year, $2017, which was the year of the Pickup Truck, it was said between Jeremy and I that "ruining a perfectly good truck in the parking lot" may have been the end of The Parking Lot Build.  Of course, similar was said the year before...and the year before.  These are typical late October statements but then sure enough, come mid-late summer the wheels turn and it all seems so easy again, ha.  

Last year Jeremy campaigned 3 cars in The Challenge.  It's a big undertaking. 

  1. Red Truck, Parking Lot Build
  2. Black S-10
  3.  White Ford Probe (which had my name on the entry since I was not bringing an entry)

 

For $2018 Jeremy has a car in the works.   What level it is latest at...I don't know.  I too am planning my own entry for $2018.  Current level, running poorly.    

 

What is the remaining level of interest?  Not just from "spectator interest" of people who want to watch it happen but real "involvement interest" from people willing to do it?  If you are interested in "doing it" you have to be on-site at the hotel bright and early Thursday morning.  Even better if you can be in Jax on Weds afternoon.  The logistics of the past number of years has been gathering in Jax Weds Noon and then spending the rest of the day getting the "hulk" and all needed gear/tools to the Hotel Weds night.  Sure, it's only a 90 minute drive but it takes most of all Weds to load and "wrangle" the whole project.   

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
6/12/18 5:03 p.m.

I'm sure someone will do something. At the very least, I'm sure I'll have about 50 items on a to-do list for my car.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
6/12/18 5:30 p.m.

There's at least one planned, but it's not mine so I won't disclose.  

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
6/12/18 6:53 p.m.

I am planning to bring my Volvo wagon.  The build will probably consist of cutting the springs, and maybe finangling some sway bars.  Not too  exciting but the past couple years wore out the crew.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/12/18 7:41 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

I am planning to bring my Volvo wagon.  The build will probably consist of cutting the springs, and maybe finangling some sway bars.  Not too  exciting but the past couple years wore out the crew.

I got worn out in $2016 because angry Carli.  One time was enough for me.  The pool feels better than pavement anyway but was still close enough to hear you guys building.

 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/12/18 8:46 p.m.

I'll be there, I will not have a car. At this point, I'm pretty much required to show up. 

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
6/12/18 9:29 p.m.

I’ll bring the sausage fest, with sauerkraut.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
6/13/18 6:55 a.m.
Patrick said:
pimpm3 said:

I am planning to bring my Volvo wagon.  The build will probably consist of cutting the springs, and maybe finangling some sway bars.  Not too  exciting but the past couple years wore out the crew.

I got worn out in $2016 because angry Carli.  One time was enough for me.  The pool feels better than pavement anyway but was still close enough to hear you guys building.

 

The obvious solution here is a kiddie pool in the parking lot. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/13/18 7:04 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

 

The obvious solution here is a kiddie pool in the parking lot. 

You posting implies this:  

 

 

But what you'll get is more like this:  

 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/13/18 9:51 a.m.
John Welsh said:

What is the remaining level of interest?  Not just from "spectator interest" of people who want to watch it happen but real "involvement interest" from people willing to do it?  If you are interested in "doing it" you have to be on-site at the hotel bright and early Thursday morning.  Even better if you can be in Jax on Weds afternoon.  The logistics of the past number of years has been gathering in Jax Weds Noon and then spending the rest of the day getting the "hulk" and all needed gear/tools to the Hotel Weds night.  Sure, it's only a 90 minute drive but it takes most of all Weds to load and "wrangle" the whole project.   

I'd pitch in again, for whatever that's worth.

Edit: I also now have the equipment to time-lapse-record the whole build, even without AC power.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/13/18 2:42 p.m.

I would be happy to watch...still have knot on head from the roll bar.....

tb
tb Dork
6/13/18 6:19 p.m.

I'm actually giving it some thought for this year or maybe next.

 

Probably wouldn't properly call it a "build"; perhaps "buy it, bolt-on & buff-out" ?

I know this crowd and provided enough beer and brats, help will materialize. 

stroker
stroker UltraDork
6/13/18 6:41 p.m.

No hijack intended, but do we know the hotel/rates yet?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/13/18 6:44 p.m.

Not me. I’ll be bringing back the worlds fastest Infiniti pickup truck. 

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
6/13/18 6:48 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Remind me to hook up your horn again. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/13/18 6:53 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I think the horn needs bigger jets. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/13/18 6:55 p.m.
stroker said:

No hijack intended, but do we know the hotel/rates yet?

$119 / $129   When you call, ask for Grassroots Challenge Price

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy UltraDork
6/13/18 8:12 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

Not me. I’ll be bringing back the worlds fastest Infiniti pickup truck. 

What? No Wagon?

I'm still hoping the Peugeot fly and drive works out

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/13/18 8:40 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Stampie :

I think the horn needs bigger jets. 

No...no it doesn't!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/13/18 9:22 p.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

It really needs a working water pump and power steering belt. Without those it is about as worthless as a poopy flavored lollipop. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/13/18 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
AvPMuPx9jQcqTycS5FRmpPF68AP9RgOPVBS4w9GVW9wsNKbpg4n51lEGlcrhItvp