Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
12/19/17 1:40 p.m.
feature_image

Mazda continues to reinforce its dedication to motorsports. They just announced today a new additional step to their Road to 24 ladder system: the Spec MX-5 Challenge. It's a new arrive-and-drive-only series featuring a field full of identical NC-chassis Mazda MX-5s. Every car will be owned, prepared, delivered to the track and crewed by Winding Road Racing or Atlanta Speedwerks. …

Read the rest of the story

HapDL
HapDL New Reader
12/19/17 4:30 p.m.

Does writing off a car count as a consumable?  smiley

Spec series tend to have a lot of carnage and car damage/writing off a car could potentially exceed the entire season cost. 

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
12/19/17 5:10 p.m.

This is a Great Deal those Atlanta Speedwerks guys are very Competitive and Run a Very Nice  program for The  gentleman  racer.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/17 7:08 p.m.

If I hit powerball, this sounds like a fun way to spend a summer.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/31/17 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

you lack confidence, as you didn't allot for using your scholarship in 2019 as well. 

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
12/31/17 7:49 p.m.

I know my brain operates a little differently, but I can't attach "entry level" and "$45,000" to each other. Much cheaper things that are good first steps before trying this series out.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/31/17 7:51 p.m.

In reply to ncjay :

it's the Pro word after those other 2 that make it very cost effective when compared to other similar series. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5hI4w5k6z4dGd89Ggv3aRNWCTGitwQb79Tve58YQzb5IB9RzxR8j7w5ztka3DkYC