1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/11/19 1:07 p.m.

It was great catching up with you all and seeing your impressive dry skid pad performance. Safe travels home.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/11/19 1:28 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

Thanks so much for coming out. It was great seeing the both of you again. 

We are in the car heading to drop sleepyhead/Buffalo off at the airport. From there we head south and have around 19 hours plus stops. I think I have a lot to say about the event, but I am tired. The car worked. It averaged .925g on the dry skid pad this morning and the best single lap was over .95g. I can't be sad about that at all in a 16 year old Accord. 

imgon
imgon HalfDork
5/11/19 2:42 p.m.

It's been fun following along with your adventures,  nice work finishing. Safe travels to all getting home. Look forward to hearing the final details .

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/11/19 4:19 p.m.

Sleepyhead the Buffalo has made it through security, and is now munching peacefully on a plain fruit snack, before boarding the plane.

It'll be good to go home, but it's not easy to leave such a dynamic event behind, even if it has concluded. I'll probably have more thoughts after the flight.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/11/19 5:53 p.m.

Followed the teams adventure.  I'm glad all is well with you guys.  Waiting for the wrap up.  Rest up.

onrails
onrails New Reader
5/11/19 7:16 p.m.

Thanks for everything, guys!  Enjoyed hanging out with you for the week. 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
5/11/19 8:49 p.m.

Been following along, glad you guys had a good time!

mazdeuce - Seth
5/11/19 11:03 p.m.

In reply to onrails :

You guys were great and the car was cool. Thanks for the conversation during the week, I always like to ask about the sausage being made. 

We are stopped for the night in Lebanon. Something like 11 hours more driving tomorrow which doesn't sound too bad to be honest. 

sleepyhead
5/12/19 6:15 a.m.

alright, after wearing the same clothes for 25hours and a significant amount of sleep on both planes... and some exercise between them, I've now made it home.  Big hug from sleepykid#1, but sleepykid#2 is being stand-off-ish.

I need a shower, and then probably food.

mazdeuce - Seth
5/12/19 9:43 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

I hate you so much. Not really, but we slept in a motel next to a discount knife barn and got on the road at 5:30. And I'm still 7 hours of driving from my driveway. Why is everything so far away?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/12/19 9:47 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Why is everything so far away?

I'm pretty sure that's because you live in Texas.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/12/19 10:00 a.m.

I forgot to ask at NCM and you may have already mentioned either here or the Traccord thread. But is there a noticeable handling or visibility difference running with all the seats layed down? I happened to notice you had them that way before I left but again forgot to ask.

mazdeuce - Seth
5/12/19 10:13 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

It's not noticeable except in our tiny little engineer brains. Mathematically we lower the COG of the car a smidge by laying the seat all the way back which makes us believe that things are better. We're weird. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/12/19 10:15 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Oh the theory was completely obvious. I just didn't know if it actually made a difference in practice.

mazdeuce - Seth
5/12/19 10:17 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Honestly, you could probably bolt 200lbs to the trunk floor and if you didn't tell me I doubt I'd notice. I'm pretty bad at driving. 

sleepyhead
5/12/19 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I think I'm the only one that drove them in the "up" and "down" configurations during OneLap, and I couldn't tell an appreciable difference.  It is kind of nice not having the passenger seat back over there, but that's pretty minor.

otherwise, it was more of a version of 16oz = 1lb thinking, but from a dynamic perspective.  Plus, there's the mental aspect of "put the car in track configuration, helps put the driver's mind in there too"

mazdeuce - Seth
5/12/19 10:33 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

It's the same reason I wear driving gloves for autocross and rallycross. Get your head in the game more than any actual tangable performance reason.

sleepyhead
5/12/19 11:41 a.m.

Alright, so the last day of pictures I uploaded from was Brainerd.  Hastings was cold and wet, and I was worried about my gear, and not getting hypothermia.  Then the next two nights the hotels didn’t have free WiFi, and the cumulative lack of sleep was catching up to me.

so, without further excuses and explanations.... Hastings...

There was a pretty good puddle into the braking zone before the last turn onto the start/finish straight...

Things as they dried just a little in the afternoon (and before I suited up)...

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/12/19 1:49 p.m.

I pulled the car up parallel. Grabbed my stuff and Seth flipped me the bird and left... the feeling is basically mutual at this point... 

Also.. I love theme parks and drove past Six flags Great America and Six Flags St. Louis and Cedar Point... so I had Seth drop me at my buddies place 60 miles east of my house... to cut an hour out of his drive.. And my buddy and I are going to Six Flags over Texas for the afternoon.... Cause that's how I roll...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/12/19 1:57 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

When I drive to the end of my street, I see the rides of Cedar Point from across the field and over the bay.   Let me know if you are ever around.  Yesterday was opening day for the year.  Closes again Halloween day.  

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/12/19 2:03 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I have literally never made it there... just the way things worked out... it is on my list... so I will DEFINITELY drop you a line on that.. 

mazdeuce - Seth
5/12/19 5:07 p.m.

I'm home. 

mazdeuce - Seth
5/12/19 6:30 p.m.

Little kids missed me. laugh

dw
dw GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/12/19 6:56 p.m.

It was a blast following you guys Seth. great job.  I really missed being there this year.  We will join you next year!

Doug W

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/19 6:58 p.m.
spacecadet said:

In reply to John Welsh :

I have literally never made it there... just the way things worked out... it is on my list... so I will DEFINITELY drop you a line on that.. 

Don’t forget to let me know, i don’t think i’m an hour from John.  

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tclps17129tGOlhGi4pyZ5syWYwIEvZv8CsbUZQizBXsd7kKXQILm2n3qocygp2A