Scott Lear
Scott Lear
5/29/18 10:25 a.m.

Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published by reading the print edition of Grassroots Motorsports. Subscribe now.

RealTime Racing is synonymous with Acura in motorsports here in the U.S., and the relationship goes back to even before the American debut of the NSX. As team owner Peter Cunningham recounts, “I was involved in …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/2/19 1:39 p.m.

Speaking of Peter and RealTime: There's a piece in the December issue about the restoration of one of the team's original Type R race cars. The found it, fixed it, and put it back on track. (Subscribe and never miss an issue, right?)

jwagner
jwagner New Reader
10/2/19 4:15 p.m.

I volunteered at the SCCA Drive for Babies charity event at Road America.  It was in October (2012 IIRC) and Peter had just won the championship.  He was giving rides for the cause for fifty bucks, at speed, in the TSX.  I snagged a ride and it was as awesome as you'd figure.  He did this for the whole day, taking breaks for lunch and an occasional pit stop.  Great driver, and a good guy.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
10/2/19 11:10 p.m.

Did my 2nd SCCA school at Road America back in the late 90s and found myself on track with practicing Realtime type Rs! 

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
5/7/21 8:57 a.m.

Peter and Acura came to the Empire Hill Climb in Michigan a few years ago, super cool to see the pikes peak car running up a tiny hill in western Michigan!

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/events/a1707661/acura-tlx-gt-driver-peter-cunningham-empire-hill-climb-was-good-fun-good/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SfXTOOzVXouf6sCipmVlh65RExyeLoQopIXsjlEqm9Y79P9WmZkMNk7MmAzr6qFF