dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/11 4:14 p.m.

We are hurriedly wrapping up our Challenge build and have some install questions on the MS and the WBO2 sensor.

Our current setup is this MS: http://www.miataturbo.net/showthread.php?t=13676

We have a NAW WBO2 sensor with premade controller and harness that terminates with two separate grounds, a switched 12v and a 0-5v O2 sensor output. Taiden was kind enough to assemble it for me.

The main question is does the 0-5v output connect to the MS in the same location as the factory (narrowband) O2 sensor? We think it is pin 23 on the MS, which is a pink wire.

Two other small questions:

1. Is it important to separate the locations of the 2 grounds?
  2. What is a good under dash source of a switched 12v?

Thanks!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
10/2/11 4:20 p.m.

I BELIEVE it should connect to MS in the same location, but i'm not 100% positive in this case.

As for the other two small questions:

1) The innovate LC-1 kit says to ground them both in the same place. I would ASSume this would be the same

2) I usually tap into cigarette lighter.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/2/11 5:30 p.m.

for the wideband... yes uses the same input as the narrowband... but will need to adjust things with megatune or tuner studio (highly recommend using TS)

for grounds... really doesn't matter... just make sure they are good clean grounds... i'd use something else that is used for grounds already...

for switched +12v pull out your test light (you do have one right?... if not get one) if your cig lighter is switched that'll work fine...

dyintorace
10/2/11 7:52 p.m.

Thanks guys. I'm a wiring/MS neophyte so all advice is welcomed.

dyintorace
10/3/11 8:07 a.m.

Any more help out there?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
10/3/11 8:36 a.m.

I'm not sure on what the NAW grounds are. If they're both power related, ground them to the engine block. If one is called a signal or analog ground, run it to an unused ground pin on the MS.

dyintorace
10/3/11 8:49 a.m.

Thanks Matt!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/3/11 10:50 p.m.

We installed the wideband and got Tunerstudio, the Megasquirt, the NAW, and the laptop to play nicely. We installed some target AFR tables and target spark advance tables provided to us by a fellow GRM'er and are anxiously awaiting some daylight hours and holes in our schedules to drive the car. (it is just a little bit loud )

I was wondering-with TunerStudio, what exactly do you do to tune the car? There is no- ""Tune car now" button. I have some guesses, but I would rather hear it from people with more knowledge than me.

Thanks!

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/3/11 11:46 p.m.

check the "VE ANALYZER LIVE" tab

dyintorace
10/4/11 9:11 a.m.

Thanks Donalson. Is it as simple as using what's under that tab?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kU8XkE0yGkKJmMWNEhQVsEvqIPRy8IfddNbGz1NPizkmqwZwCPRbtf0TwTQZaK7H