Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/22/20 1:03 p.m.
feature_image

[Editor's Note: the title of this article has been adjusted to reflect that this E30 M3 is metallic black, not metallic grey as the original listing suggests.]

Finished in a Diamantschwartz Metalic exterior over a Cardinal interior, this E30 M3 may have been configured with one of the best color combinations available for the car.

Even better, it's for sale, and is said to be stock besides a few …

Read the rest of the story

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
7/22/20 2:41 p.m.

I would say the best color combo is the one that's bid up to $250k dollars on BAT as of now........

Wow. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/22/20 2:43 p.m.

Diamantschwartz translates to Diamond Black.

As the picture shows. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
7/22/20 2:52 p.m.

Man, alpine white is much better looking.

And 250k for an E30 M3! Yikes. I like them as much as anyone but that’s outrageous.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/22/20 3:44 p.m.

I have a Diamantschwarz e28 M535i with a black interior so I am partial to the color.  However, for an e30 I prefer Cinnabar red with a tan interior.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
7/22/20 4:26 p.m.

The red one on BaT official sold for $250k. 

I'll sell you a technoviolet m3 for $25k if you're willing to throw money at it. 

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/20 4:34 a.m.

About 20 years ago a track buddy of mine in Montreal imported a euro M3 in Hennarot with grey houndstooth interior. That's the best looking E30 M3 I've ever seen. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/23/20 9:27 p.m.

I prefer burgundy over matte black, myself.... laugh

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/24/20 8:14 a.m.

One of my buddies posted something interesting about BAT with a screenshot. 

Apparently some rare/exotic dealers, are creating two accounts, driving the bidding through the roof, then stash the car and eat the $5k listing fee. Wait a few years, then sell it for "less" and still make a healthy profit down the road. 

Apparently the Z guys are seeing it, where suddenly two accounts with no bidding history (and then don't bid on anything again) are driving things to crazy prices. 

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/24/20 12:14 p.m.

Diamondfartz is one of my least favorite BMW colors. Regular Schwartz is so much classier. Clear-coat covered colors are considerably overrated crap.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/24/20 12:22 p.m.
Cactus said:

Diamondfartz is one of my least favorite BMW colors. Regular Schwartz is so much classier. Clear-coat covered colors are considerably overrated crap.

Clear coat? Or clear coat with flake? 

Single stage paints are why you see so many pink BMWs of that vintage. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
7/24/20 3:52 p.m.
z31maniac said:

One of my buddies posted something interesting about BAT with a screenshot. 

Apparently some rare/exotic dealers, are creating two accounts, driving the bidding through the roof, then stash the car and eat the $5k listing fee. Wait a few years, then sell it for "less" and still make a healthy profit down the road. 

Apparently the Z guys are seeing it, where suddenly two accounts with no bidding history (and then don't bid on anything again) are driving things to crazy prices. 

This isn't surprising at all. I remember seeing that on eBay back in the day with anything and everything. 

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/25/20 9:08 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Cactus said:

Clear coat? Or clear coat with flake? 

Single stage paints are why you see so many pink BMWs of that vintage. 

Hit them with an orbital polisher and they come right back. Metallic clear is hideous, but I'm tired of looking at even regular peeling clear-coat.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TjF5fdJpazuBLkSOmIJ19xA8ardpZ9hrXe2DluWFjxn3lpCz4P9WTyNJL7SjOsub