flexi
flexi New Reader
8/1/11 9:07 p.m.

Finally the ATF loosened up the 24 mm and 22 mm aluminum fittings on the AC condenser on my miata. The soft nuts weren't busted. Yanked out condenser without much drama. Put the replacement condenser next to the stock one - hmm, a bit different. The mounting points are similar, only 6-8mm different. We can make that work, I think.

OK, what about the dryer canister? I pull out the aluminum canister out of the box. It has a bracket welded on to it. Looks like if a lip is ground off, it might fit the stock condenser. But crap, the new condenser has a different bracket that is attached to it. No way the two replacement parts (condenser and dryer) can go together. They physically interfere with one another and are totally incompatible with each other. Oh, the canister location is moved 25 mm relative the stock location so the access hole in the frame doesn't line up with the second canister fittting. This isn't looking too good.

Bring the parts back to the FLAPS, umm, can you attach these parts to each other? Guy looks at parts, says, no they don't look like they fit. Looks them up, both parts are "correct" but can't be used together. Gives me my $$ back. (Worked out better than expected.) I'd rather have parts that worked together. I did buy them together, so I thought they would work together, nope.

Checked an online Mazda part place - OE parts 1994 AC system, no longer available.

Are there any good options? Are used AC parts available? Are they a bad idea? Any recommended sources? Other ideas?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/1/11 10:22 p.m.

Mazda.

willy19592
willy19592 Reader
8/3/11 6:18 a.m.

We should have the used parts for you, please contact me via email willy@isellmiataparts.com to discuss sorry I dont see replies on forum too often ;)

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
8/3/11 7:19 a.m.

I had to do the condenser on my 91 a few years back. I picked up an SPI unit from the local distributor & had zero fitment issues. My cost was around 90-130, can't remember.

flexi
flexi New Reader
8/3/11 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Keith:

I contacted a Mazda Parts place, Finishline, aka Rosenthal. They said "no longer available". Wrong? Some other dealer that has better access?

Where do you shop

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lBVsOPXwB8R4BlQjrchHhTw1oL4ZZQIvibAQOcQSPOhzzHSAUA50hbTfKpFqkkeA