bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/11/14 5:44 p.m.

I am looking for NA miata lower ball joints, tie rod ends and steering rack bellows for my Midlana project. For some reason the ones in the European warehouse are better quality (Moog) and are cheaper than the ones in the US ($50 less INCLUDING the shipping from the UK). Rock Auto states "Part is designed for EU Market vehicles", is there any reason these won't fit my US Spec Uprights and power steering rack?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/11/14 6:50 p.m.

The Googles took me to some parts diagrams and it looks like they all fit both power steering and non-power steering cars so I'm ordering them!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/11/14 6:54 p.m.

I'm pretty sure they're the same or almost the same. My NA Miata looks the same underneath as my UK ones, it's mostly the emissions systems that are different.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/17/14 8:43 p.m.

Not only were the UK parts cheaper, they beat the rest of my order here!

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
1/6/15 9:11 a.m.

Did the euro MOOG Part # MDBJ2703 end up being the same as the us parts?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/6/15 9:20 a.m.

Yep. They seemed to be identical.

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
1/6/15 9:33 a.m.

I am about to place the same order you did. Did you Happen do use a miata steering rack? If so wondering what inner and outer tie rod ends you ordered.

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
1/14/15 10:11 p.m.

Looks like all is well with mine as well, posted pic in this thread. link

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/15 5:58 a.m.

FYI when I replaced the inner tie rods on my '96 w/power steering, most of the vendors had the fitment incorrect. It took 2 or 3 tries to find the correct ones. I remember Rock Auto and Napa both had them listed wrong, and I ended up ordering them from a Mazda dealer(for way more $$) to get the correct parts.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
1/15/15 11:29 a.m.

Not tie rods but as an FYI. Rock Auto also has the anti-sway bar links for Miatas listed backwards. Order a left and you get a right, and vice-versa. Recently went through this needing only a left rear. Got right side before I broke down and ordered a a right and recieved a left. Told customer support about it but they didn't seem to concerned about it.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
1/15/15 6:43 p.m.
wlkelley3 wrote: Told customer support about it but they didn't seem to concerned about it.

Why would they be? For zero dollars they've turned every single sway bar link order into an upsell to a pair!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
1/15/15 9:12 p.m.

I returned the ones I didn't need although you are right, cost me return shipping. Plus the cost of one link was below $20 each so ordering more wasn't that much of a big deal. Just the principal that I didn't get what I ordered. Only issue ever with Rock Auto, had several other smooth transactions and wasn't disappointed on those.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KWskEZdROTQv0UXCs62b7VKSSSC2BrC78xGsp3iyCtuBQda5ia74LsP5LvYKm4cc