confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/29/08 6:00 p.m.

have a 1994 Miata M Edition. I have a crappy, dirty, cruddy grill stuck in my front bumper that is (OK, WAS) held in by hex screws. Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about (but it's not a picture of my car).

I

Is this an aftermarket part? I was pretty sure it was until I took it off and noticed that the mounting holes and body panels inside the bumper seem to be stock. What went there before?

Man, I hate trying to go BACK to stock when someone else did the modificiations.

Thanks everyone!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/08 6:08 p.m.

Yup, aftermarket. Stock Miatas don't have anything there.

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/29/08 9:14 p.m.

I had a similar aftermarket grill on one of mine at one point. Mine was aluminum, while most are steel. I believe that that there were unused threaded holes in that spot. The hex head bolts came with the grill. I think it came from Brainstorm Products.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/30/08 8:15 a.m.

Thanks a bunch guys. I'm going to clean it up and e-bay it. Mine has a bunch of black spray paint and dirt on it. A nice session in the sand blaster aught to take some of that crud off.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/30/08 8:23 a.m.

The miata.net guys seem to love grilles, so you might try there, too. Personally, I think they make Miatas looke like they're wearing braces, but to each his own...

Jack
Jack SuperDork
5/30/08 9:14 a.m.

Oh, I was hoping this was another Barbequing thread. . ..

Jack

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/30/08 9:18 a.m.

Somehow I picture Keith right now thinking, "Hmm, you could make the back 1/3 of a a totalled Miata,t into a trailer (to be pulled by another Miata, of course) remove the gas tank and build a nice little pit where the trunk was. Have to weld some extra steel in to handle the heat....."

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
5/30/08 9:43 a.m.

Or, put a propane tank where the fuel tank was, if you're silly, and into propane grilling...

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/08 9:44 a.m.

Tim, I thought about that a long time ago :)

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/30/08 9:47 a.m.

I've seen a lot of MGB trailers like that, but never one made into a grill. I did see one where the owner put a keg in the trunk, with the tap where the MGB trunk lock/latch once was. That was pretty slick.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
94VgLIpw3qFYfysNlF0w8D2en8A1egVYOX8krJT7DQVbgqhjNzXRu5bwwOWBgmZD