The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
8/19/21 7:53 a.m.

Story by Tara Hurlin

Darby Jean refers to the aero design work on her Miata track car as CAD: cardboard-aided design. “First I draw it in Photoshop, then make cardboard stencils,” she explains. “Then I make everything out of Alumilite and Alupanel.” 

Custom brackets then attach everything to the car. “The splitter was the most involved,” she continues. “It needed a …

Read the rest of the story

Shaun
Shaun Dork
8/19/21 8:46 a.m.

Cool!!

f1carguy
f1carguy New Reader
8/19/21 11:40 a.m.

I wish my two girls would do more hands on car stuff but my Lisa likes to help and sweep the work area. Mom gave them to many dolls! I tried and I gave my daughter a slot car set for her Christmas! She sat in the middle and tried to grab the cars as they whizzed by. It didn't help. 

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/19/21 8:05 p.m.

Kids find their thing. Sometimes it lines up with what we think, and it's been great doing car things with my kids as they grew up, but it's also great watching and supporting them to do the things they find that they love.

calteg
calteg Dork
8/20/21 9:10 a.m.

That CCP hardtop is absolutely gorgeous. If this new company hires me on, I might spring for one this year

JAdams
JAdams Reader
1/25/22 9:03 a.m.

Awesome!

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
1/25/22 11:07 a.m.
calteg said:

That CCP hardtop is absolutely gorgeous. If this new company hires me on, I might spring for one this year

Did the job come through? 

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
1/27/22 7:17 a.m.

Darby is awesome, such a cool design showcase and livery.

A-Star Fab also deserves a shout-out, they did a lot of the tuning work with Link ECU on this build.  They're a small shop in Pontiac that just so happens to put out some of the highest HP import builds in the detroit metro, AWD Dyno and all.

https://www.facebook.com/AStarFABrication/

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/27/22 8:03 a.m.

Awesome story. Beautiful car!

She sounds like a really cool person!

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/27/22 10:48 a.m.

Would love to see the in-process pics of the aero. 

Only wow for me was that screamer pipe right infront of the driver's view. Works great until it sprays oil, and on a turbo car it's not out of the realm of possiblity.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XMqYkv4MbezQXKHj43G56PWsLd6U8MJGGPi0oUnryaLVOWqDiBx6KYzgoouEr3UW