1 2
TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/16/19 12:11 p.m.
kazoospec said:

In reply to TXratti :

"Followed me home" in the "I bought one" sense, or "followed me home" in the "I need to reevaluate my security budget" sense?  Truthfully, those of us who own Miatas are justifiably viewed with the same suspicion as, say, the Moonies.

Well, bought one. But it did follow me home since when I asked, the seller was ok driving it to my place and let me give him a ride back home.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/16/19 12:45 p.m.

In reply to TXratti :

Fantastic news!   

And we need pics or it didn't happen...

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/16/19 12:45 p.m.

In reply to TXratti :

NB2's are great cars.  You'll love it. Here's mine "at work":

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/16/19 12:59 p.m.

I bought a 96 NA for fun recently...  outclassed in everything.  Super fun in everything.  Maybe I'll move on in a few years.. Kids want to ride with me now, so that means a backseat

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/16/19 2:09 p.m.
fornetti14 said:

In reply to TXratti :

Fantastic news!   

And we need pics or it didn't happen...

Ask and ye shall receive, from this morning before going to work (drove the Golf because no plates for this yet):

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/16/19 2:15 p.m.
kazoospec said:

In reply to TXratti :

NB2's are great cars.  You'll love it. Here's mine "at work":

Yeah!

Looks great. If I can get temp tags today I'll be running at the next SCCA event on Sunday. (on the All Seasons, but  SEND IT).

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/17/19 10:04 a.m.

Tags acquired! SCCA Solo coming up tomorrow.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/17/19 11:58 a.m.

In reply to TXratti :

We ran ours for almost a year on all seasons.  It's SIGNIFICANTLY faster on 200tw tires, but I'm not sure I'd say it's more fun.  Sliding around isn't fast, but it is entertaining.

SEND IT indeed!

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/17/19 10:02 p.m.

Congrats and have a blast!

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/19/19 4:20 p.m.
kazoospec said:

In reply to TXratti :

We ran ours for almost a year on all seasons.  It's SIGNIFICANTLY faster on 200tw tires, but I'm not sure I'd say it's more fun.  Sliding around isn't fast, but it is entertaining.

SEND IT indeed!

So much sliding, but so much fun! Not as fast as I'd like but tires will fix some of that, and tightening the nut behind the wheel will help more than some.

Photos and videos incoming soon.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
8/19/19 5:58 p.m.

Cough cough

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/20/19 12:18 a.m.
Carbon said:

Cough cough

Ha, that looks good with the hardtop and the wing and while that one is NOT an E Street car, the MR2 Spyder is the other choice for a good E Street car, have been winning a number of Pro Solo national tour events. 

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/20/19 9:22 a.m.

You are all a bad influence.   

A 70,000 mile '99 Sport package car popped up for sale 3 miles from my house.  Of course I bought it.

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/20/19 1:27 p.m.
fornetti14 said:

You are all a bad influence.   

A 70,000 mile '99 Sport package car popped up for sale 3 miles from my house.  Of course I bought it.

You better have! Luckkyyyy. Enjoy that HARD S suspension option.

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
8/20/19 3:49 p.m.
Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/22/19 8:54 p.m.

White's my favorite color.

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
9/4/19 2:50 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

Looks even better with clean headlights:

It was a pain to remove the old tint, I ended up softening it with mineral spirits and scraping it off with a credit card, and then doing a "restore" with sandpaper, 600/1000/2000 grit and then polish with a foam pad on a drill. I ended up taking the bumper off to be able to get at the inside corner and not mess with complicated masking (super easy, just a few fasteners). They will (but haven't yet) get a clear acrylic spray paint over the top for UV protection.

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
9/23/19 10:39 a.m.

This car now has its own build thread on the "Builds and Projects" side of things:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/miat-ta-ta/159256/page1/

Some duplication from this thread, but future updates will continue there!

Happy Monday all!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NUJhJ3P6K7QbXbst9yUqrkevLRmZUszbXXlpMYGPbvN7Q7pyGcMPo93tb8L74mOu