1 2
admc58
admc58 Reader
1/13/18 7:41 a.m.

The Lark did great on the autocross right out of the box. handled great. Great work Calvin!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/13/18 7:57 a.m.
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing said:

I just wanted to quote this picture again. I read this article before meeting the Nelsons. I had read about their cars, and the work they had done, but I didn't know them as people. Seeing the picture now, Calvin holding that big thin wheel, looking in the rearveiw at his dad while Andrew looks at the car. When you know how seriously (for good reason) they take burnouts and launches in search of tiny fractions of time. When you've sat down to breakfast with the two of them and watched them laugh. It's a good picture. 

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
1/13/18 7:50 p.m.

I was very surprised to see this one back on the front page. Thanks for the kind words guys. The race is often won or lost in the first 60 feet. Doing a burn out is easy. Doing an effective, consistent burn out is a little more challenging.

I really need to get this one back up and going. The engine that was in it at the challenge, spun a main bearing. We suspect that it had a bent crank from the very beginning. I never saw it, but my dad said the balancer always had a wobble to it. That's why it was cheap. It held together long enough for a couple of smiles. Here's to many more smiles with the next one.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
10/11/19 1:44 p.m.

Updated for, you know, reasonslaugh

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
10/11/19 8:08 p.m.

It's coming back with 6 cylinder instead of 6 liters. Add some boost to the mix, and it is at least 100% cooler.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

chandler
chandler PowerDork
10/12/19 7:53 a.m.

That looks familiar!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HKLkD671ICWA5yfHkA2luhKV8lpEaMe8RlCC71gQPH6JW2oBlA6YaL1E1p7iGb41