1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 9:18 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

Unpainted styrene cleans up well with isopropyl alcohol and Qtips. I wish I took some before & after shots, I just cleaned a couple of Merit racers that were on display uncovered in an auto repair shop from 1960 till 1972, then roughly stored til this past Sunday. Even some of the decals survived cleaning this way.

soap and water on painted ones? will the decals hold up?

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 9:20 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to solfly :

Nice collection! You have plenty to rebuild, finish, and even just clean up. FYI that Cuda kit is pretty good and fairly valuable.

Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to fix some of the ones that are worth it. I'll wait on the Cuda until my skills improve or sell it to one of you if they don't!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
8/6/20 10:43 a.m.

In reply to solfly :

Soap & water will destroy decals much faster than alcohol. Like instantly.

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 11:14 a.m.

that's what i assumed

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/20 11:35 a.m.

I have a few half-built models. They are about 15-20 years old. Maybe 1 or 2 Shelby Mustangs, a Hemi Dart, a Honda Z600, a Visible Rotary, and, I think, an unopened mid-50s Chevy truck. I will never finish them. Anybody want this stuff for the cost of shipping before it gets tossed?

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/17/20 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Don't toss 'em, someone here will want them I'm sure. Got any pics of the stuff?

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/20 4:30 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I'm your huckleberry if none of these other fellas want them.

Woody
8/17/20 4:34 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Standby...

Woody
8/17/20 6:58 p.m.

Let’s start here because this one is easy: Brand new, in the unopened box, still wrapped in plastic. 

Woody
8/17/20 7:02 p.m.

I think this one is kind of a gem, and if I recall correctly, it was pretty expensive at the time. It came from Japan.

1/32 scale Honda Z600. I think I painted the body, stripped the paint because I wasn’t happy, and then primed it again. It should all be there. 

Woody
8/17/20 7:07 p.m.

The two Shelby’s should probably stay together. I was planning to build a model of the ‘65 Fastback that I owned at the time. My car had Torque Thrust wheels and a ‘66 grill, so I needed to buy both kits. I started to paint one chassis and part of an interior, but then I built a house.  All the parts for both cars should be there, but they may have gotten mixed between the two boxes. Both bodies are still unpainted. 

Woody
8/17/20 7:11 p.m.

Not a ton of stuff left of the Duece Coupe. I built it as a primered, fenderless Hi-Boy. There’s a pair of fenders here, hood and hood sides and some chrome lights. Maybe bumpers and exhaust. And flames! 

Woody
8/17/20 7:18 p.m.

This one isn’t a Hemi Dart, just an early Dart GTS. The body and some chassis parts are painted. Not sure why I chose this color, but the paint came out pretty nice. This might have been around the time that I bought the airbrush.

The box also contains some spares from the ‘67 Sox and Martin GTX that I built up as a clone of my ‘67 Belvedere II. Most of the drag racing parts and all the decals are there. Might as well keep all the Mopar stuff together.

Woody
8/17/20 7:20 p.m.

If anybody wants any of these, you can have them for the cost of shipping, USPS and PayPal. 

Benswen
Benswen New Reader
8/17/20 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I want the Mustangs!  PM a price and I can paypal.

Woody
8/17/20 7:49 p.m.

In reply to Benswen :

Cool. Send me your address and I’ll pm you in the morning. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/20 7:54 p.m.

Does the rotary smoke?

Woody
8/17/20 8:04 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I almost forgot about the rotary!

It looks like I put the rotors in the housing and that’s about it. Everything should be there. This box is a lot bigger and a little heavier because there’s a little electric motor in there. 

Woody
8/17/20 8:14 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Does the rotary smoke?

So...if this rotary smokes, that means that you wired it up wrong. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
8/17/20 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I have the rotary built just as far as this one. I stopped there because it is an easy way to explain the whole spinning doritos thing to someone new to rotarys.I will never finish it!

Woody
8/17/20 8:34 p.m.

In reply to Benswen :

Mustangs are wrapped and ready to go. 

8/17/20 8:43 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I have that same rotary model but with no instructions and I don't know if it's complete, so I would really like that one. If nobody else wants the Dart I would like it. I'd finish it with the paint you laid.

Woody
8/17/20 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Dart box fits inside Rotary box! Easy! Send me your address.

Woody
8/17/20 9:21 p.m.

So the two Shelby's, the Dart and the Rotary are headed out the door tomorrow.

Somebody please build the tiny Honda...it's really cool!

8/17/20 9:27 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I messaged ZackM, I think he may want it for a slot car.

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F3SHOEtBsCtU2wjHkm1PnlTNQeXHKze4jvWEukFfv4qFxtHVIaFrDnpJWcNt25w1