1 2
carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/27/12 8:54 p.m.

I'm not sure you'd call it a true comparo, it was really more of an informative post giving relative strengths and weaknesses of the new crop of cars.

The drag race was just one little aspect. A fun aspect and an aspect with definitive rather than subjective results.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
8/27/12 10:26 p.m.

I kinda enjoyed the video. The BRZ going sideways at the end cracked me up.

I'm wondering what a turbo kit would do to this race? A lot of potential in the light little scrapper....

Also I just rewatched to the end (I couldn't figure out how you guys had heard single exhaust notes in that cluster...). Seriously, that Porsche and the GT-R sounded ... I ... what? ... I mean really? My grandmother's toyota mini-van literally sounds better than either.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/27/12 10:30 p.m.

Please feel free to bash the FR-S and BRZ to your heart's content - I'm hoping it lowers resale values!

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
8/28/12 5:19 p.m.
iceracer wrote: A BRZ ran in the Mt. Ascutney Hillclimb over the weekend. The "low" power did not seem to matter as it was always near the top of the charts and bettered many higher powered cars. And the driver formaly drove a very quick Honda SI.

I just learned, the BRZ was the fastest stock RWD car entered.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
8/28/12 5:50 p.m.

Yahoo! frontpage now promoting "the world's greatest drag race"....

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-world-s-greatest-drag-race-2-.html

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/28/12 6:03 p.m.
iceracer wrote:
iceracer wrote: A BRZ ran in the Mt. Ascutney Hillclimb over the weekend. The "low" power did not seem to matter as it was always near the top of the charts and bettered many higher powered cars. And the driver formaly drove a very quick Honda SI.
I just learned, the BRZ was the fastest stock RWD car entered.

Well that's something.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
8/29/12 9:04 p.m.

Honestly, i really dont care if a magazine compares apples to oranges as long as they're reasonable about it.

Its not like the writers went 'well considering how slow the BRZ is compared to a nissan GT-R, we think it's crap' or anything like that.

In fact, id bet money (havent read the article, i want to read it when it gets in my mailbox) that they said something fairly positive like 'considering the context of what we were comparing it to, the FRSBRZ did remarkably well and is an excellent driver's car at its price point'. I would bet money. I really dont see how this is a problem.

In fact, im pretty sure when GRM ran that test with the new minivan and the old sporty car, they didnt write 'well considering how the old car doesnt even perform noticeably better than a modern minivan and has none of the utility, reliability, safety, etc, we think it's a pile of E36 M3 and all you dumbasses should give up on them'.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8CP9DUhMXlCprSaNGQELfT449WkerHKxmTquSd1aLFzgy05soHkUVMR2JCoCcOln