David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/20/10 11:04 a.m.
feature_image

The demolition continues. We yanked the stock fuel cell and removed the rest of the roll cage. The original cell was too small for any kind of enduro racing and the cage was, well, crap. Soon we'll be installing a new ATL fuel cell.

We also took a look at our brakes. Since the fluid appeared old and the rest …

Read the rest of the story

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Reader
9/20/10 12:48 p.m.

It seems that any perceived "advantage" gained by starting with a former stock car has been erased by the original builder's lack of skill and experience. What we have here is a complete lack of respect for the laws of physics and engineering:

Roll cage?: Crap

Suspension? Crap

The car does have a good running engine and the distinctive Lincoln trunk hump adds an unfair aero advantage.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/10 9:04 a.m.

JG Should look into making a Steadicam Jr. With most video cameras equipped with an LCD these days, you can make one pretty easily with a gimball and a counterweight. Really fun toy that makes great shots.

kyfly727
kyfly727 None
9/21/10 9:27 a.m.

Bigger ford product needs bigger HAMMER. Really like springs you should keep them. Steve

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/22/10 5:40 p.m.

Pinch:

Actually I just got a Flycam Nano. I like it a lot, although I now regret not having gone bigger. Took forever to "tune" it just right, but it set pretty well now. Still learning to fly it a bit, but you should see some nice glides in upcoming shoots.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
10/6/10 2:39 p.m.

Holy cow! Good thing you got it after the springs collapsed..if they'd been compressed, they woulda killed somebody when you put the car on the lift! BTW: Good to have met you at Petit Le Mans, Steve.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yHGarfMD8gb5Wko909OBcac5xcbSJAXcB5okhIrjHeAnnNrThFfyDHKqIFMPKTBb