1 2 3
wspohn
wspohn Dork
11/4/20 10:59 a.m.

I like thar Mercedes a lot!

The Western Clipper is a bit of a fashion crisis - if I owned it there is probably no way I'd be able to resist fitting a large propellor to the rear end - suitably period wooden one, of course - with an electric motor so it would turn going down the highway.

pirate
pirate HalfDork
11/4/20 1:08 p.m.
Bent-Valve said:
pirate said:

Out of my league but the new Newmar Super C's tick all the boxes for me.

Pyro said, "Yeah, if we had the money it would tick all the boxes." I do like the one we are getting for many reasons, not the least of which is its paid for. A Super C? I would have to look for another job, or 3... But I have seen these with 30,000 lb tow ratings. what could you drag home with that?

Was recently at a car event and saw a Newmar Super C pulling a custom trailer. Trailer was painted in the same paint scheme as motor home. Trailer was a double decker with hoist inside to carry two full size classic cars. In front of cars was a work area with work bench and full set of cabinets. Just guessing but trailer must have been  close to thirty feet and all up must have weighed 20,000 pounds plus loaded. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/4/20 1:41 p.m.

^ I wonder why so many motor homes and trailers have that style of graphics on the sides.  I guess their designers see their sides as blank canvases that need filling, but they all look the same to me and aren't very pleasing.

Tyler H (Forum Supporter)
Tyler H (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/4/20 1:48 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

^ I wonder why so many motor homes and trailers have that style of graphics on the sides.  I guess their designers see their sides as blank canvases that need filling, but they all look the same to me and aren't very pleasing.

RV buyers seem to want big on the inside and small on the outside.  I always assumed this was a visual trick to make them look like both by breaking up that huge flat surface.

Agree, ugly AF.  Also, as a car guy those parts bin tail lamps aren't fooling anyone and aren't appreciated. 

ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter)
ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/4/20 3:24 p.m.
fanfoy said:

I would love for someone to make an RV version of the GM Futurliner. That would be the most beautiful motorhome ever. But I am a sucker for streamline esthetics. 

Yes. But you have to duplicate the dualie, white-wall, stearing axle.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/4/20 8:57 p.m.

I'm more partial to the overland-style setups. It's more beautiful when you can go off the beaten path and aren't limited to the roads. 

EarthRoamer XV-HD Super Camper Can Be Yours for $1.7 Million

Off Road Mercedes Is An Overland Castle On Wheels - Van Clan | Four Wheel  Campers

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/4/20 9:02 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

I once saw a bumper sticker on a truck with an Alaskan Slide In camper (at one time about the only way to do a 4x4 camper) that said... "Paved roads... another example of useless government expenditure!"

I love that F650 (or bigger!) 4wd RV.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/5/20 7:04 a.m.

I was a solid pass until we hit those last few laugh

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/5/20 7:16 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/5/20 7:25 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/5/20 7:53 a.m.

Spartan!

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
11/5/20 10:30 a.m.

The ramp truck Winnebago is super cool................I'm constantly torn between a off road RV & a Ramper Truck like the Winnebago.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
11/5/20 11:46 a.m.
1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x0FNuxrFC4xTkbDpZH9M7es9EV6xViLkn5LmeAGqaGy8CfsHc7AjwZouGjMNYgyi