rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
7/29/17 1:06 p.m.

I've used it for years and I'm happy with the results but not the mess it makes storing it. I have a bucket that I set mine into since the thing seeps fluid when it's being stored. Of course, I should clean it out after each use but that never seems to happen. So, my brother got the idea, instead of adding fluid into the motive bottle, he keeps a close eye on the master reservoir and uses the air in the motive bottle to push the fluid. Will this fly??

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/17 2:53 p.m.

I don't think your brake fluid will know the difference.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/29/17 3:46 p.m.

In reply to rustybugkiller:

I saw that suggestion somewhere, and I have been doing it ever since. I don't put fluid in the Motive jug any more. You just have to release the air pressure and remove the cap every time you need to add fluid to the reservoir during the bleeding process.

GroupSects
GroupSects GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/29/17 4:08 p.m.

That's how I do it. I also put a schrader valve into the gauge assembly so I use my tire pump to pressurize the whole thing every time I go back to add fluid.

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
7/29/17 8:19 p.m.

before such a tool existed, I used a spare fluid cap with a quick connect on it for my compressor. Works great on cars that can be bled on a single fill; doesn't work great on a 944.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yqt7dtJzD70avZudDPOHrKba063s01BHvWehsmpRdu00dm1pl83ZGxy5brbqGxtr