BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
3/27/16 8:15 p.m.

Anyone here using it? I know they have a free trial, but I'm curious what you guys think of it.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/16 10:31 p.m.

Not worth it. It's basically just early-access to their free stuff and 1 unique show.

Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb Reader
3/27/16 10:44 p.m.

The world challenge community is so irritated they are watching the world challenge races on YouTube since only the CBS broadcasts will be on motor trend - eventually.

Chadeux
Chadeux New Reader
3/28/16 12:29 a.m.

I honestly wouldn't recommended it, the last episode of that one show they don't have on youtube was pretty amusing though.

redvalkyrie
redvalkyrie Reader
3/28/16 7:51 a.m.

I bought a month's worth of service because I like Roadkill Garage and Roadkill. You're supposed to be able to get Roadkill episodes a month early but they seem to be having trouble--as all new media ventures do. The month early episode after the tow truck episode is listed but when I try to view it I get an "unable to find content" message.

I would imagine given some more time they will get things going a little better. Content is sparse.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
3/28/16 9:57 a.m.

I'm waiting for chromecast support. I watch youtube on my home theatre and thus really enjoy //drive and roadkill. (also "Dirt every[ couple of months when we feel like it] day])

Same issue with The SMoking tire. I want to watch that movie they released but vimeo does not handshake with chromecast. I want to watch movies on my tv not on my berkeleying phone.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
3/28/16 11:34 a.m.

As a life-long (so far) MT subscriber i gave them my money pretty much as soon as they asked for it, but i'm not actually happy about MTOD because i watch pretty much all video on my 65" smart TV, and MTOD doesn't actually run worth a E36 M3 out of the TV browser whereas their YouTube content runs fine out of the YouTube app.

So as of right now i am spending money on goodwill in the hopes that it will improve, but as of right now all MTOD has done is downgrade my MT YouTube watching experience.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
3/28/16 7:04 p.m.

I've got it for now. O use my xbox ones browser and it works fine on full screen. I think content is kind of lacking but it just started so Hopfully it will get better as time goes on, but I still think it's worth the $6 a month.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/19/17 8:09 a.m.

A bit over a year later, any updated views on Motor Trend OnDemand? I think they've added more unique shows and I'm wondering if it's worth it yet? I'm cheap, make it $20 per year and I'm all over it, but already paying for home internet, Amazon prime and Netflix (streaming and DVD's) so only semi seriously considering it.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/19/17 8:54 a.m.

Bought it, I certainly like it. Roadkill Garage alone is worth the $4 a month, the early access isn't bad and there's coverage of some motorsports that I can't get myself. I basically look at it as I'm buying Finnegan and Freiburger a beer each month to inspire them, and I would gladly do that

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/19/17 8:57 a.m.
NickD wrote: Bought it, I certainly like it. Roadkill Garage alone is worth the $4 a month, the early access isn't bad and there's coverage of some motorsports that I can't get myself. I basically look at it as I'm buying Finnegan and Freiburger a beer each month to inspire them, and I would gladly do that

We've got it through Amazon, and I basically view it the same way. It also beats having to hunt down the content and deal with youtube.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/19/17 9:02 a.m.

In reply to ultraclyde:

Is all the content available through Amazon? I'll have to look tonight.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/17 9:07 a.m.

I tried it. I'm mostly there for Ignition and Head2Head. I hate waiting so long between episodes. I have to wait just as long as I did on YouTube. No real advantage.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
4/19/17 1:53 p.m.

I have had it for a year or so. For $60 I think it is ok. Roadkill garage like stated above is worth it. Thin content other than that.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
4/19/17 1:59 p.m.

It's well worth it to me and I'm a cheap S.O.B.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
4/19/17 7:43 p.m.

I boycotted it for a while, then eventually caved. I like the Roadkill Garage show, I like the short 5-10min one take extras that they have when I'm bored, and I've seen all the episodes so I like getting the newest one when it comes out, and I like the interface since I have the ROKU app and watch it on my TV instead of cable, so yes, it's worth the $4 a month. It also helps keep what I view as some of the best new programming out there going.

For the cost of a beer or two at a restaurant, I get on-demand programming in a good interface, so, yeah.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
4/20/17 1:08 a.m.

I watch it on my computer in the office while the wife wastes away on kardashians. Plenty of content for me. Does not like to play in the PS4 browser though. Which I don't like.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/20/17 6:10 a.m.

I've had it for about a year. I only watch a few of the shows, and I appreciate the daily content of Roadkill Extra and Dirt Every Day Extra. At $4.99/mo I think it's worth it. And they just added support for Fire TV, which is a big plus for me since that's what I use for all my streaming. They added Chromecast support a while back but it doesn't work well at all.

floatingdoc
floatingdoc GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/20/17 7:01 a.m.

I watch the shows on YouTube. I've thought about signing up, but just don't want another monthly bill.

I've seen Amazon Prime members are supposed to get Motor Trend on demand but when I try watch the shows on the Amazon feed, I only get the option to sign up and pay.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0UoshOGhiHElXGjgz7MXO7xSfPqvGntT1bX3z7CI8qn59VWHEMEPL8m7PagekkYI