Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/10/17 7:04 a.m.

I just bought the OEM spoiler from a friend that works for a place that carries this stuff, plus vinyl wraps etc. Hold it in place, looks perfect, color matched perfect, for $200.

But no instructions or template. I put a spoiler on my old xB but it came with a paper template.

This did include 4 strips of paper with 2 holes each, and a bit of sticky tape. I'm guessing somehow you put that under the spoiler and press on the trunk and it leaves it in the right spot? (But I think the underside of the trunk has extra openings for where the mounting holes go?)

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/10/17 7:08 a.m.

Sticky bits hold tape to spoiler over mounting holes, sit it in place where it goes and masking tape down the strips to the trunk, carefully pull spoiler off leaving strips in place and drill.

car39
car39 HalfDork
4/10/17 8:40 a.m.

Put the bolts in the spoiler so the extend from the bottom of the spoiler. Put tape on the trunk. Place spoiler, mark spots with a marker. Or, put paint on the bolt heads, and place on the tape.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/17 8:44 a.m.

Look for the four spots inside the trunk where the nuts go. Drill up in the center.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/17 8:48 a.m.

This photo is an STi, but should help you figure it out.

Pro Tip: Don't use your spoiler as a trunk closing handle. You will crack the base.

You will probably need stiffer torsion springs from a spoilered car.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
4/10/17 9:00 a.m.

Your wingless trunk is worth mega $$$ to other Subaru guys. Just sell/trade it to someone and get a trunk with the holes already in it (or wing already on it).

There are a bajillion trunk trade threads on NASIOC.

Just think of it as doing another car guy a huge favor.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/10/17 9:53 a.m.
ProDarwin wrote: Your wingless trunk is worth mega $$$ to other Subaru guys. Just sell/trade it to someone and get a trunk with the holes already in it (or wing already on it). There are a bajillion trunk trade threads on NASIOC. Just think of it as doing another car guy a huge favor.

I tried that first, trust me. Best offer I got was someone w/ a wing that wanted my trunk, buy an emblem for it, and also "a few hundred bucks"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OqKfGjDHqUxWzkRKy6KgAEg96fIyRQrzC610eqZS910QoIU5wgWU6EBrUp0Ztfbe