1 2 3
92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
4/5/12 3:47 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Conquest351 wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
mr2peak wrote: They are great to drive, you just have to drive that careful line between understeer and oversteer, very little warning when it switches between the two. It's like a slot car with the track pin in the middle instead of the front! That was my 5s-fe mk1 swap car. Never got to bolt the 3s turbo bits into it. Still pissed at that Tacoma driver.
A 5sfe MK1? Color me intrigued.... how was that to drive? I was planning on just throwing out my 5sfe and trans, but... now i'm interested.
I'll take that 5SFE and trans if you don't want it. Is it a good engine? Do you have all the wiring and all that crap too?
It's still in a car at the moment.... but yes to all questions.
You and I need to talk. I need one of those drivetrains this summer. I'll PM you if that's ok?

Depending on when this summer... that might be a little soon, but go ahead and PM.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
4/5/12 3:50 p.m.

You have PM sir...

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/5/12 4:20 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

The extra torque really suited the car, after all the most impressive thing about the MR2 is the way it launches, tons of off-the-line traction. At least as fast as a supercharged car, more reliable, easier to source parts, and way more potential with the 3sgte turbo parts. I felt the extra weight but the fact that it's added in the middle of the car didn't hinder it much.

Also the N/A Mk2 axles fit in N/A Mk1 hubs :)

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/12 11:21 a.m.

You don't want a MR2, you really want a Fiat X1/9.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jQINkRSLh0OZS5Dofpft5qRVm1acYT93uyPYshoxgHIwlHWnuOVDIEJwanpHs5IG