1 2 3 ... 7
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/3/14 5:35 p.m.

Hey guys,

well I am really nervous!! I am taking off on a flight with a friend tomorrow to Toronto, ON Canada to get my Japanese import Mitsubishi Delica that I have been lusting after for a few years, and finally pulled the trigger on about 4-5 months ago.

The major reason for my worries a few things. First and foremost is that fact that the bond that has to be posted for this trip takes 7-10 days to do so, and tomorrow is day 7 which I wasn't aware of until late last week with my flight already planned weeks in advance. This isn't a huge pain for me, but my friend who is coming with me has issues in that he needs to be home on Tuesday afternoon. I'm not sure what is going to happen yet with that, but wish us luck. My biggest worry though beyond the driving home is the border crossing, and if it will all go as smooth as my customs broker says it will. I worry it won't but they assure me that I am worrying about nothing.

I'll let you all know how we make out, and if there is anyone on our route home from the London, ON area through NY on route 90 east into MA I would appreciate if they could volunteer some assistance if need be.

Wish us luck,

Chris

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
8/3/14 5:39 p.m.

I'm just 4 miles north of exit 28 between Utica and Albany.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
8/3/14 5:58 p.m.

Good luck man!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
8/3/14 6:06 p.m.

For a brief second I thought you were referring to Danica Patrick in the title. Guess I need glasses. Good luck with your Delica adventure.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/3/14 7:07 p.m.

Good luck!

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
8/3/14 7:09 p.m.

Best of luck - I bet it will go very smoothly.

If you ever decide to part with it I want to know. Seriously.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/14 8:52 p.m.

Please document the adventure and post photos. Good luck and have fun. This sounds like a cool trip.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/4/14 2:19 a.m.

I will do my best to document the trip, and hopefully I can get some photos. Just woke up, and I am still very nervous.

Chris

Woody
8/4/14 6:33 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Just woke up, and I am still very nervous. Chris

I do that every day.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/4/14 8:14 a.m.

Are you aware that today is a holiday in Ontario?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/14 8:54 a.m.

Good luck eh

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/4/14 7:02 p.m.

Yes I'm aware that today is a holiday in Canada. I believe the bond is being posted to us customs through an office in Seattle.

We didn't get it posted today,and are stuck in Canada until it is posted.i am nervous to the point of being sick! I miss my kids and wife and just want it all to be over.

The good news is I got to drive the van a bunch today and it is so awesome!! I just hope we can get through the ordeal and get it home soon. Anyone have any pull with US customs?

Chris

revhard
revhard New Reader
8/4/14 7:17 p.m.

Not sure how much help id be but im just north of boston and i have AAA gold if something happens. Just pm for my number if you think you'll need it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/5/14 6:32 a.m.

Still in Ontario. Not sure what to do at this point. I hate the waiting game.

NOHOME
NOHOME SuperDork
8/5/14 7:27 a.m.

So whats happening? Where in Ontario are you stuck? I am in London, but I trust you made it to Windsor or Sarnia by now? Hopefully even home?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/5/14 7:49 a.m.

Im in London still. I don't know what to do about the bond not being on place.

wae
wae HalfDork
8/5/14 7:52 a.m.

Did they mean 7-10 business days or calendar days? I guess the good news is that you have until Thursday before you need to really panic, right?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/5/14 8:23 a.m.

Business days. Today is day eight.

NOHOME
NOHOME SuperDork
8/5/14 8:49 a.m.

If still stuck in London tonight, shoot me a call and drop by the shop. Love to see this Unicorn of yours.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/5/14 4:13 p.m.

At border crossing now

Woody
8/5/14 4:15 p.m.

RUN! RUN!

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
8/5/14 4:43 p.m.

best of luck, eh.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
8/5/14 5:07 p.m.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/5/14 5:51 p.m.

Through customs and stopped on interstate 90 for fuel and food. Eight plus hours ahead.

Woody
8/5/14 6:05 p.m.

Welcome home.

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OVk9Hwtcaw6OoCQDnx1nXuMtYButRH8byZP5GYxBuQu0bvtxKBUZBLCM8zY5CGU6