1 ... 16 17 18 19
Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/14/22 7:56 p.m.

So??  Did you sell the Volvo or does Violet still have it for now?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/22 5:28 p.m.
Loweguy5 said:

So??  Did you sell the Volvo or does Violet still have it for now?

No, I still have the car and I've made no effort to list it for sale.

I wasn't 100% sure that I loved the Jeep, but I was also 100% sure that I wouldn't find a better Volvo, so I didn't want to cut it loose yet.

So for now, the Jeep has taken over daily dog duty. The Jeep's not a great thing to drive, but Violet is a lot more relaxed in it, and that's the ultimate goal here.

I've taken the Volvo down to Caffeine and Carburetors, along with a few other old car events over the past few weeks, and I've really enjoyed the Radwood-ish vibe that it generates. I do like driving it, and sometimes I just like looking at it in the garage. 

I have to make a decision soon though, as shuffling all the cars around is getting old.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/8/22 8:30 p.m.

Bunny stalker

Loweguy5
7/8/22 9:19 p.m.

She sure is a handsome girl!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/9/22 7:29 a.m.

In reply to Loweguy5 :

Thanks! She needs a haircut though.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/9/22 7:38 p.m.

She's had no formal training. These are instincts that she's inherited through millions of years of Goldendoodle evolution.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/9/22 8:03 p.m.

They're everywhere. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
8/2/22 7:13 a.m.

Summer haircut. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
8/7/22 2:35 p.m.

For as long as I've owned this car, the passenger side front window has always been a little slower than the other three. It's time to address that.

The window regulators on these cars have proven to be very reliable, but each window has a pair of small round plastic sliding blocks that have been known to wear out, bind up and even break apart.

New replacements are $2.95 each from IPD.

With the door panel removed and the window lowered about two inches, you can access the rear sliding block through the big square access hole near the door latch assembly. At this point, the front block is hiding behind the door lever, and is a little harder to remove and replace. Fortunately, the front one doesn't move and just acts as a pivot point, so you don't necessarily need to change that one.

To remove the rear sliding block, pry out the metal hairpin clip, then gently pull the window regulator arm straight back toward you until the two parts are separated, and then you can slide the old block out the end of the channel and clean out the crusty old grease.

Old vs. new:

I sprayed white lithium grease into the track and then pushed the new sliding block into place from the end of the channel. For installation, you can put the hairpin into the lock position on the sliding block first, then line up the post on the regulator arm and use a pair of pliers to push it into place. The hairpin will automatically lock itself onto the pivot pin. This is much easier than trying to hold the arm in place on the sliding block and then maneuvering the hairpin into the slots. Then just reconnect the switches and pop the door panel back on.

The whole job took less than an hour and now the passenger's side window works as well as the other three.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
9/1/22 9:43 a.m.

She still can't make up her mind...

sevenracer
sevenracer HalfDork
9/1/22 3:30 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

HaHa! Such a great picture!

Loweguy5
9/1/22 8:01 p.m.

I'll give her this, she is very thoughtful with her automotive choices.

As the old saying goes "Lucky Dog".

Woody (Forum Supportum)
9/5/22 7:59 p.m.

We just submitted this car to Bring A Trailer.

Loweguy5
9/5/22 8:20 p.m.

It's a super nice car, I hope you get a big number for it!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
9/5/22 8:47 p.m.
Loweguy5 said:

It's a super nice car, I hope you get a big number for it!

Thank you. 

I took it up to Lime Rock yesterday, and I really enjoyed the drive. It's so comfortable that it's hard to believe that the car is 24 years old. But unfortunately, I have too many cars and not enough space, so something has to go. 

I've really enjoyed this car though. 

Loweguy5
9/5/22 9:48 p.m.

Same here.  We just dropped from six to five running vehicles here in a two driver household.  It was starting to look like we were running a hotel here.  Trying to part with one more...but thinking my old Volvo will survive the cut.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
9/17/22 12:13 p.m.

We're heading down to Pine and Elm tomorrow morning. If anyone is in the area, stop by. There's always some incredible stuff there. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/17/22 5:06 p.m.

We loved our 850 wagon (beater) we had for a while. I'd have kept it, but my wife knew the maintenance would be more than others we had, so it was in the culling. 
If we get the Roadmaster sold, your wagon would be something I'd LOVE to put her in, but she would be, again, worried about maintenance while I was out of town for 3 months working, twice a year. 
Hope you get a great price, but I might just have to contact you one day.

We have 8 lb, 18lb and 85lb dogs, that REALLY want her wheels. They would love her jeep, but not all three at once. laugh

Woody (Forum Supportum)
9/18/22 6:11 p.m.

It was a fun morning in New Canaan. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
9/19/22 11:08 a.m.

Edit, disregard...

The "Delete" button seems to be broken.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/19/22 8:44 p.m.