1 2
Brust
Brust Reader
12/8/09 4:00 p.m.

I think I've done it, boys. Check's in the mail.

http://www.tejasmotorgroup.com/web/1867/vehicle/242719/1995-BMW-3-Series-M3

What do you think?

bludroptop
bludroptop Dork
12/8/09 4:05 p.m.
Brust wrote: What do you think?

I think you were lucky to find it before I did.

Very nice!

Shaun
Shaun Reader
12/8/09 4:06 p.m.

Awesome. A very Nice example, I see beat up ones at the same price.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
12/8/09 4:09 p.m.

So someone finally got you this book?

LOL, nice looking car though.

2002maniac
2002maniac Reader
12/8/09 4:37 p.m.

That thing looks extremely clean for the money. Get ready to tear into the cooling system.

Brust
Brust Reader
12/8/09 5:12 p.m.

You're talking water pump and radiator right?

I knew poop was going to come in to play here. This board is nothing if not classy. I read that book to my son.

Anyone interested in driving this to Arlington VA?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
12/8/09 5:40 p.m.

AWESOME buy . . . I love blue :)

Make sure you change the thermostat housing to the metal one . . . and while you are at it. . . .the water pump.

Then get ready to carve up the miles. That thing has hardly been driven.

njansenv
njansenv Reader
12/8/09 6:38 p.m.

VERY nice purchase. Kudos.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
12/8/09 6:41 p.m.

Simply beautiful. Good find,

drmike
drmike New Reader
12/8/09 6:43 p.m.

OH MAN that is nice. LOVE the color. WIN.

lesabre400
lesabre400 New Reader
12/8/09 6:53 p.m.

Holy E36 M3, nice E36 M3!

Great color, great stance, great deal. Love it.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot New Reader
12/8/09 9:19 p.m.

WTG! Nice color,low miles. I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed my '98.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/8/09 10:21 p.m.

my favourite rims too

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/9/09 8:02 a.m.

freaking gorgeous car! and a hell of a deal! Congratulations!

WilD
WilD Reader
12/9/09 8:17 a.m.

Great price for the mileage. All of them I see in that price range have twice the miles and/or have been molested in some way.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/9/09 8:23 a.m.

Beautiful car!

Now get on Bimmerforums and look up Vincent from Bimmerzone.com. You'll want:

• new water pump with metal impeller
  • new radiator (I went with a stock Behr replacement)
  • new thermostat
  • new aluminum thermostat gasket
  • new hoses
  • possibly a new coolant expansion tank

Here's my post on the topic:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/e36-cooling-system-overhaul-notes/13016/page1/

They're great cars, and yours looks to be a truly exceptional one! I'm very jealous!

mad_machine
12/9/09 9:17 a.m.

Yes.. stay atop the maintance and they will run forever. and do it looking better and going better than 90% of the newer cars out there

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/9/09 9:35 a.m.

I think that car will actually appreciate in value someday. I mean, it is kinda the high water mark for the M3 in some ways. After the E36, the cars were faster and more powerful sure, but they lost some of the rawness and they were heavier and you had to suffer iDrive. When I am facing mid-life crisis status in another 10-15 years, I know I will be looking for an excellent, low-mileage example.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/9/09 1:03 p.m.

little nerf in the front bumper just right of center, and looks like the right brake cooling duct in the fascia might have been knocked loose, but overall that's one sweet ride. good score!

Jake
Jake HalfDork
12/9/09 1:56 p.m.

Wow, that thing is gorgeous, and the price looks right. 2 points to you!

mad_machine
12/9/09 2:51 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I think that car will actually appreciate in value someday. I mean, it is kinda the high water mark for the M3 in some ways. After the E36, the cars were faster and more powerful sure, but they lost some of the rawness and they were heavier and you had to suffer iDrive. When I am facing mid-life crisis status in another 10-15 years, I know I will be looking for an excellent, low-mileage example.

I agree with you on more points than that. Right now the M3 of E36 vintage is dirt cheap and all the kids are buying them, modding them poorly, and destroying them. They are also finding their way into the drift crowd. Soon they will be like the Nissan 240sx... impossible to find in decent shape for a decent price.. or even just a decent price.

One of them is on my list too.

I also agree that with the E36, the slow descent from homogulation special to grand tourer was started.. at least with the E36 they were baby steps, instead of the full on run BMW is doing with the E92

speedblind
speedblind Reader
12/9/09 3:11 p.m.

Wow - right color, right options, right year. Nicely done. I was all set to be happy for you until I scrolled down and saw the odometer shot...now I'm downright jealous!

I live in NOVA and might be interested in driving. A few months ago I took my E30 from Phoenix to Herndon. Not bad. With the weather and everything, though, it might make sense to ship. Probably cost you ~$700.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Reader
12/9/09 3:24 p.m.

Great color combo. Same as my old one. Hopefully it doesn't break your wallet like it did mine.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Reader
12/9/09 3:38 p.m.

Mmm. Nice score. Take care of the little rip under the M stripes in the drivers seat and you are good to go. Nice color combo and looks to be in great condition.

Brust
Brust Reader
12/9/09 4:22 p.m.

Spot on with the $700 shipping. I'll take it. I saw a few flaws after looking at the pictures 250 times:

-slight clearcoat damage in front of the sunroof- 2 quarter sized spots

-slightly sagging glovebox

-tear in drivers seat

-brake duct

-ding in front bumper

-slight curb rash on wheels

-undertray in one of the pictures looks a little skew.

But god, that engine compartment is clean. I just hope I get the same car! $8346 out the door (+shipping, +home state taxes). I'm knocking on wood that the transport goes well (hauler picking it up this afternoon).

Thanks for the cooling system tips. I hope I can drive it a bit before doing surgery, but I'll do what needs to be done. As to the Bimmerzone.com recommendation- is this guy generally cheapest for parts? Do I need to go through Bimmerforums or can I go right to his website to get the best prices?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eC0F7cLv3CSAmfBIsrMSUATqvbbMndgN6F9Muk6nu2juclJUCSt633LfaEXj0mi8