1 2
rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
12/4/12 7:22 p.m.

Hello all,

I'm starting to think my GM shirt is cursed. Just the other day I was wearing my shirt proudly and I ran over a cat on my street, with the car not the shirt. Previous to that I had a bad day at the track (see pic). I'm hoping maybe the good people at Grassroots might send me a new shirt so I can start anew.

Flip it

Here's hoping.

Thanks Glenn

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/4/12 7:25 p.m.

That pic is just unbelievable!!

Invisible too.

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
12/4/12 7:26 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

I'm trying to fix it. ha.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
12/4/12 7:26 p.m.

Too horrible for mere mortals, apparently.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
12/4/12 7:27 p.m.

oops, there it is.

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
12/4/12 7:28 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

try it now.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/12 7:29 p.m.
mndsm wrote: oops, there it is.

Yes, oops is definitely the word.

Toyman01
12/4/12 7:31 p.m.

Ouch!!

I'd burn the shirt now. No, not tomorrow, NOW.

Toyman01
12/4/12 7:32 p.m.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/4/12 7:57 p.m.

I have the same belief with a certain pair of boxers. After the 3rd unfortunate incident (shop incident, long arm of the law incident, leaving a job), I threw them in the biggest dumpster and my life has been awesome ever since!

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/4/12 8:25 p.m.
I'm hoping maybe the good people at Grassroots might send me a new shirt so I can start anew.

Hope in one hand. Hold your cc in the other.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/store/clothing/77/?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=450&width=700

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
12/4/12 8:52 p.m.

dare we ask what a Vibe was doing on a track?

If you had coated the whole left side with GRM stickers, it wouldn't have had any damage (see: $2010 challenge e30 that burned except where the GRM sticker was)

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
12/4/12 9:07 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

I was sharing a ride with a friend with his car but he was on holidays so I thought, hey these race tires/rims fit the vibe what's the worst that can happen. I found out.

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
12/4/12 9:07 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Thanks for fixing the link

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
12/4/12 10:19 p.m.

Try the black T-shirt. That's my formal GRM wear. The white ones are for walking swapmeets, junkyarding, and working on projects.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
12/4/12 10:24 p.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: Try the black T-shirt. That's my formal GRM wear. The white ones are for walking swapmeets, junkyarding, and working on projects.

I am wearing one right now, and the first time I ever held my kid, I was wearing one. It's good karma.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/4/12 11:39 p.m.

Sure, I'll trade you a fresh, uncursed GRM T-shirt for a high-res photo of the Vibe on its side.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
12/5/12 1:11 a.m.

My first GRM shirt was certainly cursed. I opened the package, put it on, went for a bike ride, and ended up with a concussion and some pretty E36 M3ty road rash. I've also worn out my second black GRM shirt. I need to pick another up at some point.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
12/5/12 1:25 a.m.
rustysteel wrote: In reply to irish44j: I was sharing a ride with a friend with his car but he was on holidays so I thought, hey these race tires/rims fit the vibe what's the worst that can happen. I found out.

did you claim that the throttle stuck on it?

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/12 1:40 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: Try the black T-shirt. That's my formal GRM wear. The white ones are for walking swapmeets, junkyarding, and working on projects.

Can anyone explain to me why GRM shirts are ever anything but black? Apart from GRM and CM shirts, I don't own many white shirts because my life revolves around dirty machines, which I tend to touch.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/5/12 6:52 a.m.

Off topic a bit but this should be used as proof to all those that say. " I am going to be using my DD so I will only be doing HPDE's"

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/5/12 7:03 a.m.

My laundry lady lost my GRM shirt.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/5/12 7:04 a.m.
irish44j wrote: dare we ask what a Vibe was doing on a track?

This. Even if you believe in luck or curses, you have only one real unfortunate event on that shirt. Tipping a mini-SUV at the track isn't bad luck, it's straightforward physics.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
12/5/12 7:18 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
irish44j wrote: dare we ask what a Vibe was doing on a track?
This. Even if you believe in luck or curses, you have only one real unfortunate event on that shirt. Tipping a mini-SUV at the track isn't bad luck, it's straightforward physics.

Oh come on, the Vibe is a badge engineered copy of the Matrix... a hatchback if there ever was one.

AugustusGloop
AugustusGloop New Reader
12/5/12 8:16 a.m.

I think we had a cursed suitcase. After getting married we bought a new set of luggage for our honeymoon. As we were leaving for said honeymoon, 30 minutes from the airport there was construction on the highway and traffic went from 60 to standstill very quickly...the minivan behind us did not and hit us hard enough to total the car, push the trunk contents through the back seat into the passenger compartment and pushed us into a rather nice Mustang in front of us. My wife hit her face on the dash and we thought for sure her jaw was broke and her teeth nearly went through her lower lip. Extricated by EMS on a back board and neck collar, we spent the next day in the hospital. Although sore and bruised, we decided to continue and were able to change our departure for the next day and proceed to Italy where her father grew up. My wife still has problems with jaw pain. Later my mom borrowed same suitcase for a trip to Florida and spent the entire trip hospitalized with diverticulitis. We gave the suitcase away. I wouldn't say I'm superstitious, but I'm not taking any chances either. Afterwards we also realized we had booked our honeymoon trip for 13 days. And related to the the other State Farm thread, the lady that hit us had State Farm and they refused to compensate us more than $500. At the time we also had State Farm. They were so unreasonable and unwilling to work with us, we made sure to take them to court and they ended up paying about 40 times that. I HATE State Farm and make it a point to tell everyone our story. Our attorney at the time told us State Farm is so notorious for putting up road blocks, causing delays in lawsuits, etc, that many lawyers refuse to take a SF case.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IcQsTwIAJqPccnjjoSIY5KwFth8iSpF88iqNTeGKGdTGaC7tO2nLXC9kZsdsoA2r