1 2 3 ... 6
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/1/21 10:32 a.m.

Hey guys, 

With some help from Mr_asa I purchased another seemingly obscure Japanese market car. This time it's another Mitsubishi in the form of a 95 Chariot Resort Runner GT. Yes that is the name of the vehicle. Yes it doesn't make a ton of sense. However it appears to be a pretty cool package.

It's essentially a Evo/Galant VR4 in a dorky minivan like body. Awd with centre and rear limited slip diffs and a 4G63T and 5-speed. All packaged in a Eagle Summit/Expo LRV body. It's in FL and I'm in MA. My father in law picked it up from the seller for me on Saturday and now I'm trying to figure out if I want to fly down and drive it home, or get it shipped. My wife wants to go visit her parents anyway, so the fly and drive makes sorta sense. 

Anyway, enjoy my crazy choice in vehicles. I might be letting my Delica go if this is as cool as I think it is. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/1/21 10:57 a.m.

I knew a guy with a usdm version that hauled ass! 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/1/21 10:59 a.m.

How about the Amtrack Auto Train that takes cars from Orlando to DC?  Could father in law get the car on and you meet the car in DC?  Does it work that way or does a car owner have to be on the train too?  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/1/21 11:21 a.m.

You bought it? Sweet baby jesus that's awesome. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/1/21 11:22 a.m.
Mndsm said:

Yes, I bought it. Have you seen it before?

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/1/21 11:27 a.m.

Today I have learned about another vehicle I've never heard of that I would 100% buy!!  Great find!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
3/1/21 11:27 a.m.

That's awesome I would love to have one of those! Total sleeper of a van/wagon.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/1/21 3:52 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:
Mndsm said:

I knew about it. I've been looking at similar for quite a while now, but the Mrs has argued that maybe I should buy a garage to put all my cars in first. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
3/1/21 3:59 p.m.

Wow - these sorts of things seem like fun to piece together for a devious sleeper, but I had no idea the factory ever got in on the action.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/1/21 4:04 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Mazdax605 said:
Mndsm said:

I knew about it. I've been looking at similar for quite a while now, but the Mrs has argued that maybe I should buy a garage to put all my cars in first. 

I actually was looking for an RVR sports gear as I like the smaller chassis. I didn't even know these existed, but saw it on Facebook and decided I'd like to get it. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 4:07 p.m.

This is an excellent terrible decision.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/1/21 4:30 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

Yeah it was the rvr that lead me to it as well. We share similar tastes, it would seem. 

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Dork
3/1/21 4:44 p.m.

Wow, congrats, that's a cool car. I thought I knew about all of the 4G63 powered cars that Mitsu built, but I didn't know you could get one of those from the factory. I think the only 4G63T cars being produced for '95 were the Eclipse and the Evo III. I wonder which parts- turbo, head, intake manifold, etc. your CRRGT got. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/1/21 5:53 p.m.

I 100% support this insanity.

That is beyond cool

bgkast (Forum Supporter)
bgkast (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/1/21 6:28 p.m.

Freaking sweet!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 6:31 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Mazdax605 said:
Mndsm said:

There's a reason I don't have a practical thinker in my household.  How do you know how large a garage you need until you buy all the vehicles you want?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/1/21 6:34 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Mazdax605 :

Yeah it was the rvr that lead me to it as well. We share similar tastes, it would seem. 

It does seem like we share similar tastes, or we're both insane. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/1/21 6:35 p.m.
Boost_Crazy said:

Wow, congrats, that's a cool car. I thought I knew about all of the 4G63 powered cars that Mitsu built, but I didn't know you could get one of those from the factory. I think the only 4G63T cars being produced for '95 were the Eclipse and the Evo III. I wonder which parts- turbo, head, intake manifold, etc. your CRRGT got. 

I think it's a detuned version of the Evo engine, but I don't really know. I guess I'll find out soon. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/1/21 6:42 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/1/21 6:51 p.m.

Awesome! I'm glad that you chose to pick it up!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/1/21 6:56 p.m.
Boost_Crazy said:

I think I remember the previous owner telling me that from his research it had a smaller turbo but the rest was the same?  Equally possible that he might have said that it could accept a bigger turbo with little to no modifications.  I wasn't 100% paying attention to him, I was trying to make sure I didn't notice anything weird the car might have been doing.

bmw88rider (Supportive Dude)
bmw88rider (Supportive Dude) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/1/21 9:31 p.m.

It's a 7 bolt 4g63T. Should be a T25 basically setup just like the 2G DSM motors. They tuned it for a little better gas then the DSM and should be if healthy it should be about 220 HP. Only the Hyper Sports Gear got the big turbo. 

I enjoyed my swapped Expo. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/1/21 9:43 p.m.

You buy weird E36 M3. I like that about you. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/2/21 7:15 a.m.
bmw88rider (Supportive Dude) said:

It's a 7 bolt 4g63T. Should be a T25 basically setup just like the 2G DSM motors. They tuned it for a little better gas then the DSM and should be if healthy it should be about 220 HP. Only the Hyper Sports Gear got the big turbo. 

I enjoyed my swapped Expo. 

I'd love to get a Hyper Sports Gear!! That's what led me to find this thing. 

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vElXpGVnDyAYMr5An9jAbICGKXVwxTqEVQKL1Yo2qLKFjPeEXZ3gaFRLbY6mwdn5