1 ... 3 4 5 6
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/21 7:35 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

As much fun as it's been it's not staying with me. It has grown on me though, I may have to look for something similar one day. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/4/21 8:54 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to imgon :

As much fun as it's been it's not staying with me. It has grown on me though, I may have to look for something similar one day. 

We'll just leave this here for future reference:  JDM stuff . . . get your JDM stuff here . . .

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/5/21 2:14 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

If I was so attached to the Renegade I'd be looking hard at a 2 door Pajero. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/5/21 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Just let me know, I'll pick you up at the airport! 

Kazoospec - Enabler's Anon Member #91

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/5/21 3:49 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

If I was so attached to the Renegade I'd be looking hard at a 2 door Pajero. 

You have to get the 4M40 2.8 litre engine in the Pajero. So much better than the 4d56t 2.5 litre. I'd like a swb one with that engine and a 5-speed. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/5/21 5:06 p.m.

Just an FYI, you might want to run Google translate on "Pajero" if you have any Spanish speaking friends.  wink

kazoospec said:

Just an FYI, you might want to run Google translate on "Pajero" if you have any Spanish speaking friends.  wink

I just learned a valuable bit of info right there. Hee hee....wanker....

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/5/21 5:16 p.m.
kazoospec said:

I'm a proud Pajero, lol!! 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/5/21 6:58 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I'm ok with it. At my first warehouse job in high school I was often confused with the owner Marty Cohen. Sometimes they'd shout his name when I walked in. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/5/21 7:03 p.m.

A few pics of the minivan doing minivan things before it moves on to Massachusetts:

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/5/21 7:05 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I'm ok with it. At my first warehouse job in high school I was often confused with the owner Marty Cohen. Sometimes they'd shout his name when I walked in. 

Underrated joke!!! Lol 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/6/21 5:33 a.m.

Gas stop on the way home from Wally's house last night. This car is stupid fun!! Got a few things to fix and while I'm used to the right hand drive thing, the shifting with my left hand was a bit odd and actually having horsepower was crazy. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/6/21 7:52 a.m.

Weird illustrations in the owners manual. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/6/21 7:53 a.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/6/21 8:13 a.m.

Glad to see its finally home.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/7/21 7:58 a.m.

Took the Chariot to go get my first vaccination yesterday. It was about a 45 minute drive to Gillette Stadium, and it performed flawlessly. Although while sitting in the parking lot letting the turbo cool after the long highway drive we started hearing some odd Japanese music coming from somewhere in the car. I have no idea where, or why, but it stopped once I shut the car off. Wally did you ever hear anything weird like this? I also tried a CD in the stereo, and after inserting it spit it out about 10 seconds later. I'm thinking it's a region thing. Thoughts?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/7/21 8:21 a.m.

I'm pretty sure CDs are not locked to any specific region the way DVDs can be.  Odd that it kicked the disc out.  The failure mode I've always seen is nothing plays, but the disc stays in until you hit eject.  But then, I've never messed with a JDM Mitsubishi smiley

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/7/21 9:38 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

I'm pretty sure CDs are not locked to any specific region the way DVDs can be.  Odd that it kicked the disc out.  The failure mode I've always seen is nothing plays, but the disc stays in until you hit eject.  But then, I've never messed with a JDM Mitsubishi smiley

Hmm, maybe I'll try a different CD later on. The stereo in this thing is definitely not the stock unit, but it is indeed a Mitsubishi branded stereo. It has CD, and Mini-disc capabilities. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/7/21 9:49 a.m.

I feel left out that for three days it never sang to me. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/8/21 8:54 a.m.

Okay, so no weird music coming from the car yesterday. However since I picked it up every time I hit a bump or went around sharp corners I would hear what sounded like a baby's rattle coming from the rear of the car. Initially I thought it was the box of goodies that Wally left in the rear seat. I have removed the box and the noise is still present. Last night my 14 year old son asked me to go out for a ride in the Chariot. While driving I mentioned how I looked all around the car for this rattle. I couldn't find anything. He looks at me dead straight and says it's the curtain roller things dummy. Holy E36 M3 I investigated it while stopping for petrol and sure enough he was spot on. This kid is good. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/8/21 9:06 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

My car's curtain rollers are always the probl...oh, wait?? 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/8/21 9:09 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Mazdax605 :

My car's curtain rollers are always the probl...oh, wait?? 

LOL. Weird issue, right? 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/8/21 9:18 a.m.
Mazdax605 said:

we started hearing some odd Japanese music coming from somewhere in the car. I have no idea where, or why, but it stopped once I shut the car off.

Equivalent of some sort of seatbelt warning or something similar?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/8/21 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

I still think it's haunted by geisha girls. 

In reply to Mazdax605 :

I still think it's haunted by geisha girls. 

You say that like it's a bad thing?

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5dHsnhVwKwZyv3Rlud1uEEKvjjUjqJYuwXVETiTYevyKyGBIqLKnK0aRlvHvTAvc