1 2 3
volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
9/8/17 9:02 a.m.

And, unbelievably, 4 of them have manual transmissions.  

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/17 9:15 a.m.

I heard one of these go buy at Lime Rock on an empty track at lunchtime. Holy Carp did that thing sound good!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/17 9:17 a.m.

I am generally opposed to long term car loans, but I saw a a commercial the other day and Chevy is offering 0% for seven years on Suburbans and Tahoes. I wonder what they would do on one of these...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
9/8/17 9:21 a.m.

As long as we stick with 2 kids, this does make sense as a family car.

devil

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
9/8/17 9:22 a.m.

A very sinister family car.........DO IT !!!

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
9/8/17 9:24 a.m.

Woody, y'all doin' hot laps in the pumper truck at LRock??

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/8/17 9:25 a.m.

You dont want it... you NEED it

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
9/8/17 10:09 a.m.

That's a pretty big change from your usual drives. Go for it, you only live once!

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
9/8/17 10:31 a.m.

In 10+ years from now (or maybe even next year) we will all be amazed that so many more of these were not sold and we will all be looking for a good deal on a used one.  

See CTS-V wagon as an example.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/8/17 10:35 a.m.

Is Chevy offering any incentives on these?  I'm due for a car in March.  If they give 20% off like they did on new 2016s, I'm finding the nearest manual and signing the note!  I drove my buddy's the other day and hells yes it's something I could live with as a daily.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/17 10:43 a.m.

What model is it? I'm pretty out of touch with new cars. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/8/17 10:50 a.m.

Closest couple Chevy dealers have none. Closest is 52 miles away. They have one and it's an auto. I'd say if you are in the market, snatch one now.

Personally, I don't think I would pay mid $40's for one, but I might change my mind if I test drove one.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/8/17 10:51 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Chevy SS. I only figured it out since it says SS on the front of the car pictured above. I thought it was a Cruze or something at first.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/8/17 11:36 a.m.

I can't get past how they look.  They're not really ugly but they're, I don't know, vanilla to the point of being painful.  They look like a discount rental car.  I kind of like sleepers where the car performs better than you would expect but having the fact that the car is actually good be surprise does nothing for me.  The cheap plasticy interior  is also a turn off. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/8/17 12:09 p.m.

My neighbor has one. I don't think they look bad as 4-door sedans go. It does sound good, although his GTO Judge replica sounds better.  He (or his brother) also has a new Challenger.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/8/17 1:35 p.m.

Dealers here still want 50k for even the 2015 models. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy New Reader
9/8/17 2:05 p.m.

Wish they did something else besides a LS3 the whole run for the SS, on top of giving it an actual name instead of a trim...It's as if GM just didn't care. Again. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/17 9:14 p.m.

The non scoops-wings-stickers sleeper aspect of this car appeals to some people. The fact that most will confuse it for a Malibu is even better.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/17 9:18 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Woody, y'all doin' hot laps in the pumper truck at LRock??

I lapped Dover in a 26 foot Box Truck

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/17 9:21 p.m.

Pm me the dealer I could be tempted to take a ride down there. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/17 9:32 p.m.

If you're looking for a future classic, this is it. Last of the line for the big Australian supersaloons. One of the last pure, raw V8 monsters before everything is autoshift hybrid. Buy it now or regret it later.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/8/17 9:33 p.m.

Alex I'll take the manual transmission with the mandatory 3.70 gears for $300 cheaper.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
9/8/17 9:34 p.m.

To all here considering this:

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/17 9:48 p.m.

They aren't building anymore of these, so it's now or never if you want a new one. I get passed by a white one a few time a week going to work...if I had the money I'd break my hatred of 4 door cars...

drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
9/8/17 11:50 p.m.

Yeah, I like the car in theory but then I sat in one and was like "this interior is basically from a 2003 Impala, no thanks". I'd much rather have a first gen CTS-V or even a automatic second gen CTS-V if I wanted a big heavy fast GM car.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I6c2JNT4iRA3KPgXJpvgsaPWhUQVfgcbidJp7SgbpLk1aM4b1mHQCONjULwMlKSP