I don't know where he finds them all!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/18/20 8:04 p.m.

Wrong grille...

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/20 8:04 p.m.

Once word gets around that you're the weirdo who collects X, X starts showing up all by itself.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
7/18/20 8:12 p.m.
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:

Once word gets around that you're the weirdo who collects X, X starts showing up all by itself.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Yeah. I collect Siberian Huskies. They sometimes show up at my door.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/18/20 8:13 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

Two boats, three outboards, an antique fish finder ("Its transistorized!",) so many fishing poles, and way too many offers of "hey, you want to buy this for :price that is WAY over any sane price:?!?"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/18/20 8:26 p.m.

I wish people would remember me as "that airplane guy," just so rad aircraft parts would randomly show up.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/18/20 8:35 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I wish people would remember me as "that airplane guy," just so rad aircraft parts would randomly show up.

Maybe you should have calling cards printed?

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
7/18/20 8:43 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Wrong grille...

Wrong wheels too.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/20 8:46 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

I love N90's though

The grill and wheels are only wrong if you are a purist.  wink

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
7/18/20 9:06 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to ShawnG :

I love N90's though

Where I live, those were the de-facto white-trash S-10 wheels a few years back. laugh

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
7/18/20 9:08 p.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

Maybe you should have calling cards printed?

I sold a crappy Edelbrock carb to a guy on Craigslist about a year ago; he was apparently a carburetor collector. He gave me a business card with his number that said he collected and bought/sold Autolite 2 barrel carbs. An ass for every seat, apparently.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
7/18/20 10:55 p.m.

Upon reading the thread title, the content of the opening post is not at all what I was expecting.  I really thought it would be a horror story.

Whew...and well done, neighbor!

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
7/18/20 11:05 p.m.
ClemSparks said:

Upon reading the thread title, the content of the opening post is not at all what I was expecting.  I really thought it would be a horror story.

Whew...and well done, neighbor!

He pulled a 70 Trans Am out of the swamp a few years ago. He is now using it as an autocross car.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
7/18/20 11:10 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Two boats, three outboards, an antique fish finder ("Its transistorized!",) so many fishing poles, and way too many offers of "hey, you want to buy this for :price that is WAY over any sane price:?!?"

I would really like to find a second boat. Maybe one with a small cabin. Unfortunately, anything that floats is unobtainium here now.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
7/18/20 11:36 p.m.

It's like a Johnny Cash Camaro, 67 with 68 grill & 69 bow tie and Z/28 grill emblem.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/20 12:06 a.m.
Snowdoggie said:
Mr_Asa said:

I would really like to find a second boat. Maybe one with a small cabin. Unfortunately, anything that floats is unobtainium here now.

Lonestar (I think) had this aluminum boat that I absolutely love.  Kind of invokes the image of the Vietnam patrol boats, but on a smaller scale.

One day.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
7/19/20 8:12 a.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie :

I was thinking of my experiance lending out my trailer. The worst return was when he tore off the axle because he got too close to a parked truck and " forgot" the trailer was wider than his Jeep. The minimum I could count on was the trailer tailored wiring would be messed up.  

keithedwards
keithedwards Reader
7/19/20 11:21 a.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to Snowdoggie :

I was thinking of my experiance lending out my trailer. The worst return was when he tore off the axle because he got too close to a parked truck and " forgot" the trailer was wider than his Jeep. The minimum I could count on was the trailer tailored wiring would be messed up.  

2 times that I loaned out my homemade car trailer, it was returned with repaired wiring. Maybe it was due to the Lucas lights. Worst experience from loaning out my trailer was when it came back with 1 ramp missing...  I enjoyed the car trailer I borrowed in the early '80s that needed it's light bulbs changed from 6V to 12V. The owner's normal tow vehicle was a '52 Ford truck. 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/19/20 11:32 a.m.

Stuff is easy to find, finding it cheap and good is the hard part.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
7/19/20 12:25 p.m.

I finally have a neighbor like that, and it rocks. Bronco II with a tuned V8, just brought home another ATV for his daugter to ride. She loved her Power Wheels one, so he picked up a small gas one and fixed it. They were running circles around the house last week as he was teaching her how to shift. Entirely too cute!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/20 10:53 a.m.

I just figured that he broke one of your tail lights.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/20 11:00 a.m.

What a neighbor to return a trailer undamaged.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/20/20 11:30 a.m.
Snowdoggie said:
Mr_Asa said:

Snowdoggie, 

If you don't mind traveling, boats around central Illinois are dirt cheap. Definitely a buyer's market.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/20/20 11:49 a.m.

I always keep an eye out for one of the late 60s aluminum trailerable cabin cruisers. They'd be a great boat to restore and cruise around in but small enough at 18 or 20 feet to be easy to handle. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V6IDTGe3qn6ZO6PlyrqOViEisy08WgFcMa1n05MUdHN69XSgPImhNSdd2PkAJ6u0