1 ... 3 4 5
kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
2/25/18 7:39 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

How the . . . ?

Alright, if you get a minute, I'd love to see what the looks like from underneath.  

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/25/18 7:45 p.m.

malibuguy
2/25/18 7:47 p.m.

Its all random stuff.  Twin WRX resonators, Maserati GranTurismo Stradale tips and a helmholtz resonator.

Going to add a second helmholtz resonator next to the other probably tomorrow just experiment with tuning.

I know how to math out 1/4wave resonators but not helmholtz so I am using my car to learn.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/26/18 3:55 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to crankwalk :

Did I read that correct? TE37s on a Versa?

Yep. Seemed like a good idea at the time? When I sold the car the dealer had a tech that gave me a grand on the side to sell them separately. Worked out.

malibuguy
3/11/18 7:44 p.m.
kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/17/18 11:22 a.m.

Ebay stick on "M3 Style" trunk spoiler.  Not bad for $35.  

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
5/13/18 3:09 p.m.

Spotted this on the local list of Craig's today.  It's an Echo, not a Yaris, but thought it might interest somebody.

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-toyota-echo-rs/6581789132.html

Carson
Carson SuperDork
5/13/18 5:40 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Spotted this on the local list of Craig's today.  It's an Echo, not a Yaris, but thought it might interest somebody.

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-toyota-echo-rs/6581789132.html

That’s a Vitz-based Echo, they were never sold here, must be a Canadian model. Don’t know how you’d register it here bc the only thing it shares with the Platz-based Ech we got is the name. So it’s not federalized. That said, I’d love one. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
5/13/18 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Carson :

If you look at the CL ad, it has Michigan plates on it.  Not sure how that happened, but apparently it did.  

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/13/18 6:34 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Im guessing since we also got an Echo of that year it is likely registered and titled as one of these 

Carson
Carson SuperDork
5/13/18 6:36 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I noticed that, I also noticed the kph speedometer. I guess I’m wondering how easily it’ll be to reregister in another name/state now that it’s already plated. 

Carson
Carson SuperDork
5/13/18 6:43 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Right, but the vin wouldn’t match a us-approved one because the platforms are different. I’m not saying it can’t and doesn’t happen, because it obviously has, just something to be aware of if someone here is interested. You might get some questions at the dmv/rmv or local inspection station. Otherwise it’s the same 1nz-fe that’s in the Echo/xA/xB/Yaris we got, so maintenance parts are non-issue. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
5/13/18 7:19 p.m.

Probably worked in MI because we're a non-inspection state.  It is supposed to be local if anyone's seriously interested. 

EDIT:  Man, I can't believe how much better it looks than the pile of crap we got here in the U.S.  

Carson
Carson SuperDork
5/13/18 7:43 p.m.

Yeah, a lot better. They’re everywhere in Montreal (along with the Nissan Micra. I’d have one of each if they were in the US. But I’m a bit odd, I’m currently building a last generation Tercel).

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Us9KfzO6aA1FL06IjsU7l4qNw6fz2sSy7tpuRw0EebDKZx8jNYNXJzhPqAMWq2xL