1 2 3
novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
7/23/14 1:26 p.m.

as the trucks race on the dirt at Eldora Speedway in Ohio... it's on FoxSports 1, and it's very much worth watching.. so either schedule your life around it or make sure the dvr is set, because last year's Mudsummer Classic lived up to all the hype and then some..

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/23/14 1:31 p.m.

I was super pissed I missed this last year. I won't this time.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/23/14 2:11 p.m.

Thanks for the call out. It was fun to watch last year.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/23/14 2:23 p.m.

I had to pass on a free ticket to it.

Will
Will SuperDork
7/23/14 2:25 p.m.

Thanks for reminding me. Awesome show last year.

If NASCAR ran a Cup race on dirt they could sell a half-million tickets.

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
7/23/14 2:36 p.m.

I really enjoyed watching this last year, thanks for the heads up!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/23/14 2:36 p.m.

Wonder if Tony Stewart is going to race?

Leafy
Leafy Reader
7/23/14 3:25 p.m.
Will wrote: Thanks for reminding me. Awesome show last year. If NASCAR ran a Cup race on dirt they could sell a half-million tickets.

I doubt that if you took every 3/4 mile or larger dirt track in the country that their total capacity equaled half a million, much less just one of them.

Now if NASCAR could put every race on a road course during the rain like the nation wide race this year at Road America then it would be amazing.

ncjay
ncjay Dork
7/23/14 3:40 p.m.

Not to steal Nascar's thunder, but the ARCA stock cars have been racing on dirt for as long as I can remember. They have two races coming up Aug 17th and Sept 1. http://www.arcaracing.com/schedule?year=2014 I also wonder about the difficulties of a truck arm suspension set up on dirt, and just how much does Nascar let them change on the trucks going from asphalt to dirt.

Will
Will SuperDork
7/23/14 4:48 p.m.
Leafy wrote:
Will wrote: Thanks for reminding me. Awesome show last year. If NASCAR ran a Cup race on dirt they could sell a half-million tickets.
I doubt that if you took every 3/4 mile or larger dirt track in the country that their total capacity equaled half a million, much less just one of them. Now if NASCAR could put every race on a road course during the rain like the nation wide race this year at Road America then it would be amazing.

They don't have that many seats, but I believe they could sell that many tickets.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs HalfDork
7/23/14 5:27 p.m.

You got my hopes up with the title. I was thinking nascar might actually be running stock cars. Silly me

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/14 6:04 p.m.

There's no form of motorsport that isn't improved by doing it on dirt.

Will
Will SuperDork
7/23/14 6:21 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Love to see the IRL or NHRA try out your theory, but I feel as if these two might lose a little something on dirt.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/23/14 7:58 p.m.

Aaaannnnd we don't get Fox Sports 1. Berk you COMCAST.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/23/14 8:51 p.m.

Yay Internet!

Streaming live;

http://www.vipboxam.co/motorsports/238752/1/nascar-camping-world-truck-series-mudsummer-classic-live-stream-online.html

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/14 9:20 p.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: You got my hopes up with the title. I was thinking nascar might actually be running stock cars. Silly me

I was thinking moon-shine...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/23/14 9:40 p.m.

Man what a race.

boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb New Reader
7/23/14 11:25 p.m.

Thanks for the Headsup! Great race, lotsa fun. I don't think I have seen Darrel Wallace race before. He was solid.

Rog

failboat
failboat UltraDork
7/24/14 6:04 a.m.

i watched some of the qualifying and dvr'd the race. should be fun to watch, thanks for the heads up.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
7/24/14 6:27 a.m.

just got done watching it off my dvr.. watched the individual qualifying and all of the races.. after working for 11 hours...

definitely worth it.. i don't know how someone can bounce off a wall that hard that many times and still almost be there in the end, but that kid almost did it..

i gotta go see this in person..

nicksta43
nicksta43 UberDork
7/24/14 6:40 a.m.

That's what I call driving the wheels of. What an effort.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/24/14 7:08 a.m.

That was fun to watch, but ran past my bedtime. Guess what took precedence.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
7/24/14 8:21 a.m.

I watched it last year and thought it was boring. It seemed like everybody was being way too careful, and didn't look like real dirt racing. It almost looked choreographed.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
7/24/14 1:16 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: I watched it last year and thought it was boring. It seemed like everybody was being way too careful, and didn't look like real dirt racing. It almost looked choreographed.

you must have seen a different race than everyone else..

they were out of their element, and it was a paying points race with a bunch of people that weren't worried about points getting in the way of the people that were, and they were all driving trucks that weren't very well set up for dirt..

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/24/14 2:21 p.m.

You missed a guy destroying his truck to get 1st place. More ballsy than I thought it would be.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qkonLyrtoHnUPB9L0FyxUhj18JrgYVJoDNLOkqDW4rmjhpA9FH1ZidO7Vmo8vMel