1 2
TeamEvil
TeamEvil New Reader
5/23/12 3:45 p.m.

"i'd say the "old technology" does pretty damn good at what it's supposed to do"

What? Turning left?

Ain't nothin' but a rolling road block 'til someone berkeleys up and causes a crash.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/23/12 5:10 p.m.

I hate these NASCAR threads.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
5/23/12 6:14 p.m.

Then don't read them. QED

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
5/23/12 6:45 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Face it: NA$CAR's marketing is only truly relevant to the WWF mentality. But unfortunately the WWF types outnumber the others, another reason 'Idiocracy' is prophecy. In large part, it's been sponsored by oil companies (Union 76, Sunoco etc) and it just would not look good for the cars to not use their sponsor's numbah one product, ya know? Talk about slow changes: up till the COT was introduced NA$CAR rules dictated the use of a production car floor pan. Considering nothing else in the cars was even really close to stock (when is the last time you saw a RWD Taurus or Fusion?) that was pretty stupid.

Negative...they did not use production floor pans before the cot. We used to race in nascar so i have a bit of experience. Also...they are far from low tech. They may use some primative concepts...but low twch they are not. Wind tunnel time is second only to f1 for example. Anyway these nascar bashing threads are getting old. They are what they are for better or worse...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/23/12 10:15 p.m.
iceracer wrote: Then don't read them. QED

I can't help it is like a bad train wreck of people not knowing what they are talking about. If you don't like watching the oval track or the WWF style stuff then just say it but to say it isn't high tech is just stupid.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
5/23/12 11:27 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
iceracer wrote: Then don't read them. QED
I can't help it is like a bad train wreck of people not knowing what they are talking about. If you don't like watching the oval track or the WWF style stuff then just say it but to say it isn't high tech is just stupid.

Oval track is for dumb rednecks! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pick up cones for the next 6 hours

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
5/24/12 12:17 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I hate these NASCAR threads.

Could be worse. Could be a what car thread.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/24/12 4:38 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: I hate these NASCAR threads.
Could be worse. Could be a what car thread.

...or a "Fluffy Bunnies vs. Anteater" thread

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hIpQpzIBotqZ7x3FXt1qoDABuAqhrhBtSeaPYgPI1TDe4L2WmHEFUhzPXa8oOwrS